Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"The day you got your 1st AMEX"

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

"The day you got your 1st AMEX"

If you can remember Smiley Very Happy describe how that felt..................your surroundings.................the utter joy of it....................

go!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 1 of 77
76 REPLIES 76
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

Re: "The day you got your 1st AMEX"

@LS2982 wrote:

If you can remember Smiley Very Happy describe how that felt..................your surroundings.................the utter joy of it....................

go!

it felt awsome my DGF was really happy and i bought her DD with it lol....its my daily use card now...

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 2 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

Platinum. I was like yay Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 77
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Platinum. I was like yay Smiley Happy

C'mon, you had more emotion than that!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had just turned 17, I had been seeing the AMEX Blue card commercial and I kept thinking to myself: how cool is it that they have this EMV in the card?  I applied having virtually no credit to my name: I wasn't ever an AU on anything, I had no loans, I hadn't purchased my first car yet, and I didn't have a checking account.  I did, however, have a savings account.  When I received my card in the mail and found out I got approved for $2,000, I was jumping up and down with excitement.  It was my first credit card ever and I was barely 17!  Too bad I didn't learn how to take care of credit and that was my road to my demise.  Now I am a wise "29-year old".  I don't think I've ever been excited about being approved since that first approval.

Message 5 of 77
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I'm sure the whole board knows or heard of my encounter with the biggest AMEX denial of 2012:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/The-Decision/m-p/1155897#M322841

So when I gathered up the guts to go for it a 3rd time 2 days ago I don't think I ever had as many butterflies in my stomach in my life. I filled out the app, hit submit.............

it felt like an eternity................

I was actually sweating some, just knowing I was going to be denied for 3rd time.................

Then.........................

amexapproval.png

I sat there in shock, literally for about 5 minutes with my mouth partially open......................

I couldn't believe it.................

I needed more evidence I wasn't being punked by Ashton!!!

I go to the app. status page and...............

amexzync.PNG

OMG........................

(I'm sure i'm going to get laughed at on this one)

But everytime I get a big approval for a CC I take and ride in my truck and play Tom Petty's "Into the great wide open" while the sun is shining!! Makes it that much better!!

Goosebumps.

Yes, This AMEX approval was up there with some great moments in my life.

Thank you AMEX!!!!! Thank you!!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 77
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

yoy guys are killing me....jeezzzz  lolSmiley Tongue

Message 7 of 77
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well congratulations!  Your card will be here soon, I promise.  Does anyone else find it ironic that LS's name is Luke and yet he's the Darth Vader to the appbar Luke Skywalker?

Message 8 of 77
credithappy
Regular Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

go!

I was on cloud 9 for about a month because I was so HAPPY Smiley Very Happy went I got my first Amex card.  It is always a good feeling to get any prime CC.

Amex Green - Amex BCP - Amex Everyday Card - Amex Rose Gold - Elan Visa - Xcel FCU Visa - Walmart MC - Sam's MC - Macy's - Bloomingdales - Nordstrom - Sam's Club CC - Discover IT and US Bank Visa FlexPerks - AMEX HHonors - NAVcheck - NAVcashRewards Sig Visa, NAVgoRewards MC, Chase Amazon VISA, BoA CashRewards VISA - Chase Marriott Reward Premier CC, Jetblue Card MC, PenFed Power CR Visa Signature Card, Chase Freedom, Nordy VISA and BBVA
Message 9 of 77
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@credithappy wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

go!

I was on cloud 9 for about a month because I was so HAPPY Smiley Very Happy went I got my first Amex card.  It is always a good feeling to get any prime CC.

Yea, I was walking around with a lil pep in my step today, feeling like i'm a part of the prime credit world!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 10 of 77
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.