cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"US Bank" automated call claiming card was "Locked" - Be Careful!

tag
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

"US Bank" automated call claiming card was "Locked" - Be Careful!

Got an automated call from this number "(736) 386-99" (that's all, full digits did not appear on my cell phone) and said "This is US Bank. Your card has been locked. Please press 1 to unlock .  . .". I hung up. I called US Bank and the rep said they had a few of those from customers and stated it was a phishing/fraud attempt.

So you're warned, watch out for that call from any automated machine claiming to be your bank, does not have to be US Bank.

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Membersince2013
Valued Contributor

Re: "US Bank" automated call claiming card was "Locked" - Be Careful!

@youdontkillmoney wrote:

Got an automated call from this number "(736) 386-99" (that's all, full digits did not appear on my cell phone) and said "This is US Bank. Your card has been locked. Please press 1 to unlock .  . .". I hung up. I called US Bank and the rep said they had a few of those from customers and stated it was a phishing/fraud attempt.

So you're warned, watch out for that call from any automated machine claiming to be your bank, does not have to be US Bank.

Thanks! I will generally go with it till it ask for my social security number or something. I remember getting emails like that from "chase" and "paypal". I just laughed and deleted it.

Arrival+ | Barclaycard Rewards Mastercard | Citi Double Cash | CapOne QS (2) | Citi Diamond P | Freedom | Fidelity Amex | Amex Plat | Old Blue Cash | PRG | SPG | BCP | HHonors Surpass | Cap1 Venture | Discover | CSP | Cap1 Venture1 | BOA CR&TR (2) | Ritz Carlton | Southwest Rapid Rewards | Hyatt (2) | US Airways Mastercard (2) | Wells Fargo Rewards Visa | Marriott Premier (2) |

Fico Scores as of 2/21/15 - EX: total crap, TU: total crap, EQ: total crap
Message 2 of 5
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Thanks for the heads up!

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 3 of 5
youdontkillmoney
Valued Contributor

I just got another call from that partial number and this time instead of "US Bank" the automated call now says it is from Bank of America and my card has been locked and to press 1, etc. I hung up again. Scam!

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

I got one from Bank of America Yesterday and both my partner and I got one from Barclay 2 weeks ago... this is the latest scam and they have now started doing all the banks in the recordings... HANG UP!

A real bank will NEVER ask you to give your credit card number or your social when they call you! won't happen.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.