Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Update" Comenity True ID Verification

tag
Scott_S
Regular Contributor

"Update" Comenity True ID Verification

After 30 days of waiting, Comenity finally processed my ID documents and all my accounts have been reopened.  What a Fricken Pain, I have never had any other bank do anything like this for any reason, I'm glad it's over.  Also I got an alert today from Cap 1's credit tracker, logged in and it says my Transunion score increased 52 points since last month.  Not sure how that's possible, I'm pretty sure it's bull@!#$, but it's interesting enough to mention.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "Update" Comenity True ID Verification

Wow! What was that about?

Message 2 of 6
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Wow! What was that about?

I believe the OP is referring to his original thread > http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Comenity-True-ID-Verification/td-p/3545047

Message 3 of 6
Scott_S
Regular Contributor

I am going to assume it's happened because I opened quite a few accounts in a short period of time, which isn't hard to do with comenity and synchrony issuing almost every store card on the planet.  The thing that upset me so much was they never notified me and I found out when one of cards didn't work at the check out counter and I had to use a mastercard to pay for my purchases.  I was given a number to call and that's when I was told I had to send copies of DL SS cards and a utility bill or bank statement and then wait 30 days.

Comenity calls it TRUE ID and based on conversations with reps on the phone, they do it often to a lot of people.  It pretty much sux...  I'm glad it didn't happen during Christmas shopping.

Message 4 of 6
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Scott_S wrote:

After 30 days of waiting, Comenity finally processed my ID documents and all my accounts have been reopened.  What a Fricken Pain, I have never had any other bank do anything like this for any reason, I'm glad it's over.  Also I got an alert today from Cap 1's credit tracker, logged in and it says my Transunion score increased 52 points since last month.  Not sure how that's possible, I'm pretty sure it's bull@!#$, but it's interesting enough to mention.

Glad it got worked out.   I would still consider closing any redundant Comenity cards, if anything to help keep Comenity in check.  

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 5 of 6
Scott_S
Regular Contributor

I am not going to use the Blair cards, so they will eventually close for non-use.  Most of the other cards I will use pretty regually and I expect I'll get some luv from them at the nine month mark.  The next goal is to get Comenity to approve me a Visa or Mastercard, I have been consistently denied for Sportsmans, Marathon, DSW & Gander Mountain.  I haven't tried for Virgin or Westgate figuring they're harder than the before mentioned.  

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.