Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Upgrade to Blue Sky Preferred"?

tag
bs6054
Valued Contributor

"Upgrade to Blue Sky Preferred"?

I got confused on Amex's website yesterday.   I had a Blue Sky from 2007-2012.  I wasn't using it and had forgotten about it, but when I applied for a BCP in 2012, they closed that card and gave me a BCP.  And on the website, it shows the BCP as my card.

But... when I look at all personal cards, it has a section "Your cards" and shows both the BCP and BS.  And I got a button to "Upgrade" to BSP.

My credit reports show the Blue Sky as closed, and I don't have a physical card, so really not sure what is going on!  Is this part of Amex's "you always have a card no matter how many times you close it"?

Have others seen similar things?

BTW, I have no interest in the BSP, so I don't intend to ask Amex, thought I would ask here instead....

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: "Upgrade to Blue Sky Preferred"?

Under the "accounts" when you log on, does it have "cancelled" in orange for your old BS?  Or, do you mean you see the BS on the left margin as upgradeable under "view all cards" page?

Message 2 of 9
bs6054
Valued Contributor

When I login, I see only my BCP.   When I click on Cards>View all Personal Charge and Credit Cards>Need Help in Finding a Card

two card icons appear and on the left it says Upgrade Your Account to BSP, and "Add someone to your account" with BCP and BS as options.

I wonder what will happen if I try to add someone to my BS account!

Edit: And the answer is: 

We are sorry, you are not able to apply for an Additional Card online. Please call the number on the back of your Card if you have additional inquiries.

whereas doing for BCP does work.

Message 3 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think it's just promotion for the BSP.
When I first opened BCE, they always had that icon on my page. But I knew if I dared to try and upgrade, they'd deny it since I wasn't yet a cardmember for 13 months lol...
I wouldnt read much into it.
Kinda like how we get "pre selected" credit card offers.

Laaaammmeee
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 4 of 9
Open123
Super Contributor

Had the same thing when I cancelled the Zync.  Have you tried clearing cookies and see if it's still there?  

Message 5 of 9
bs6054
Valued Contributor

@youngandcreditwrthy wrote:
I think it's just promotion for the BSP.
When I first opened BCE, they always had that icon on my page. But I knew if I dared to try and upgrade, they'd deny it since I wasn't yet a cardmember for 13 months lol...
I wouldnt read much into it.
Kinda like how we get "pre selected" credit card offers.

Laaaammmeee

You had what I describe, a place to add additional cardholders to your Blue Sky account?

Message 6 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I actually have the BCE, but I had a link/advertisement that said "upgrade to BSP today" something like "click here" lol I never tried it.
Lol
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 9
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Even if a card closed, you have to unlink it from your AMEX profile, or it will still appear. I closed PRG last month, and had to do this. It showed in my cards, but the fine print said the account was closed, and prompted me to remove it from my profile. However, I still get emails, etc. to upgrade to Platinum.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 8 of 9
RyVision
Valued Contributor

@emptypockets wrote:
Even if a card closed, you have to unlink it from your AMEX profile, or it will still appear. I closed PRG last month, and had to do this. It showed in my cards, but the fine print said the account was closed, and prompted me to remove it from my profile. However, I still get emails, etc. to upgrade to Platinum.

Exactly. It will always be an account on record and will stay that way on their system even after it's unlinked.  It's just not possible to get it to show again on your page.  There are times when an old AMEX card that was closed well over 10 years prior, will occasionally pop up on a CR, often for a short time.  Sometimes people pull a report while it's there and see it, then it's not there the next time, then it might show up again a year later.  But it never leaves AMEX's records if it was in good standing, regardless if you have an active card or not. 

AKA 840flippedto480
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.