Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"World" MC limits....Confused

tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

"World" MC limits....Confused

Got my Sallie Mae in the mail today, YAY!!! When I was approved, it said I was approved for the "world" MC, $1200cl.  I thought that "world" started at $5k, like the Visa Siggy? When I opened my mail, I thought it would be just a regular MC, but it says "world" ., YAY!!!   Not complaining at all.....just curious as too the limit and "world". 

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: "World" MC limits....Confused

MC seems to be much more arbitrary with giving out "World" MC compared to Visa with Visa Sig which is more rigidly 5k.

Nonetheless, it really is not super relevant. WMC vs Platinum MC, IMO, is a neglible difference of almost no practical value.

Message 2 of 10
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

The determination is made by the issuing lender. Some have reported receiving a WMC GM with a $300 CL 

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Both my barclay cards are world mastercards even though their initial limits were 1500 and 2000

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@09Lexie wrote:

The determination is made by the issuing lender. Some have reported receiving a WMC GM with a $300 CL 

Yep.

Or an Arrival+ WEMC with $600 CL.

Message 5 of 10
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

LOL at "WEMC" with $600 cl
Message 6 of 10
Callandra
Valued Contributor

Seems like a lot of Sallie Maes are coming as Worlds...mine was approved for $2000 and came as a WMC. 

Quicksilver $10,000 | Better Balance Rewards $2000 | Sallie Mae $3500 | Freedom $3500

Last HP: 9/27/2015
Message 7 of 10
northface28
Established Contributor

Its pretty much vanity at this point and means next to nothing.

BK Discharged 9/11

Cap1 Quiksilver Visa Signature $41k| Discover IT $24k| Barclays Uber VISA $16.2k|BOA Cash Rewards $8.4k| BOA BBR $6k|AMEX Cash Magnet $12.8k|AMEX BCP $16.6k|Huntington Voice $5.5k|Citi Double Cash $5.7k| US Bank Cash+ $6.5k
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@northface28 wrote:

Its pretty much vanity at this point and means next to nothing.

Not for merchants, because of higher swipe fee 😀

Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh it's all the same to me @ nearly 3%.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.