Reply
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
myjourney
Posts: 26,602
Registered: ‎02-07-2013
0

Re: "chances of approval"


JustinA wrote:

I am attached to this site and learning more in the past 3 days than I have in 27 years. I hope its a good idea and thank you :smileyhappy:


WTG BRAVO

"Intelligence plus character--that is the goal of true education"
Last 5 apps 6/6/13


Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: "chances of approval"


JustinA wrote:

I am attached to this site and learning more in the past 3 days than I have in 27 years. I hope its a good idea and thank you :smileyhappy:


Hope to see you post often here, it is a wealth of knowledge!! :smileyhappy:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
New Contributor
100down0monthly
Posts: 164
Registered: ‎04-16-2013
0

Re: "chances of approval"


JustinA wrote:

I am attached to this site and learning more in the past 3 days than I have in 27 years. I hope its a good idea and thank you :smileyhappy:


It's a great idea.  From my experiences so far, a lot of the more experienced posters here know more about credit/scores than the vast majority of customer service reps I've spoken to lately...about credit.


Super Contributor
enharu
Posts: 6,983
Registered: ‎02-27-2013
0

Re: "chances of approval"


100down0monthly wrote:

It's a great idea.  From my experiences so far, a lot of the more experienced posters here know more about credit/scores than the vast majority of customer service reps I've spoken to lately...about credit.


Can't really blame them though.

For many of them, being a CSR is just a temporary or part time gig until they graduate college or find better jobs. The pay is usually minimum wage or slightly above minimum, so the people that are hired aren't exactly too bright or qualified either.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
New Contributor
100down0monthly
Posts: 164
Registered: ‎04-16-2013
0

Re: "chances of approval"


enharu wrote:

100down0monthly wrote:

It's a great idea.  From my experiences so far, a lot of the more experienced posters here know more about credit/scores than the vast majority of customer service reps I've spoken to lately...about credit.


Can't really blame them though.

For many of them, being a CSR is just a temporary or part time gig until they graduate college or find better jobs. The pay is usually minimum wage or slightly above minimum, so the people that are hired aren't exactly too bright or qualified either.


Fair enough.  But from my observations and personal experiences, the blind leading the blind usually doesn't have the best outcome...and for every person posting here, there are likely 1,000s believing what they are told by the above mentioned reps.


Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: "chances of approval"


100down0monthly wrote:

enharu wrote:

100down0monthly wrote:

It's a great idea.  From my experiences so far, a lot of the more experienced posters here know more about credit/scores than the vast majority of customer service reps I've spoken to lately...about credit.


Can't really blame them though.

For many of them, being a CSR is just a temporary or part time gig until they graduate college or find better jobs. The pay is usually minimum wage or slightly above minimum, so the people that are hired aren't exactly too bright or qualified either.


Fair enough.  But from my observations and personal experiences, the blind leading the blind usually doesn't have the best outcome...and for every person posting here, there are likely 1,000s believing what they are told by the above mentioned reps.


Not properly training CSRs should be a direct reflection on that particular company and should be used against them when deciding what cards to axe in the future :smileyhappy:




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Regular Contributor
CreditCardDiva
Posts: 113
Registered: ‎03-15-2012
0

Re: "chances of approval"

[ Edited ]

Personally,

I'd rather app when I know I have a VERY good chance of being approved...I don't do recons. Being on the "fringe" , which will usually get you the 7-10 message, is not of interest to me....not now. I got distracted for a minute, but I'm back on track. Also, sorry to say this...but I don't believe every "I got approved for a Chase Titanium Millenium Visa, with a $4000 limit!!!!! :smileyhappy:" post I read. Some folks are straight up playin' games. There's just no way, based on their credit files.

 

Finally, for those who "got it" early (you managed to subdue the app monster.) good for you. Now, allow others to learn...even if it's the hard way. Everybody is in a different head space, and some folks want SO bad to catch up with folks who are years ahead in the game that they get distracted. Sometimes it's best to stay out of the threads that get you in trouble - stop looking at  uncontrolled app sprees as some kind of joke (it's not as funny as you think, when you have to add another year or so of aging your current accounts and waiting for 25 inquiries to lose their bite), and look at it for what it is - a setback that keeps you from ultimately getting where you wanna be, in the shortest amount of time. I'm experiencing that setback right now, and there's nothing funny about it. Leave the "lol" to those who are in a position to truly laugh out loud, without crying afterwards.

 

 

No FICO Score Info Until Fall 2014.
I'm working on getting utility down to 10% or less. Chillin' in the garden.
Credit Rebuild Start Date (3/12)
Credit Union Visa ($500 3/12) | Capital One Platinum MC (formerly Orchard Bank) ($500 3/12) | Capital One Secured MC ($200 3/12),| Walmart ($400) | Bill Me Later ($1000) | Jared ($2200) | Victoria's Secret ($650) | Gettington ($2500) | Zales ($500) | GE Amazon ($700)

In the garden till 3/5/2014 (my birthday!)
Established Member
JustinA
Posts: 69
Registered: ‎06-07-2013
0

Re: "chances of approval"

Whammmy! Good post :smileyhappy:

But its fun to read if nothing else...and even if its a false sense of hope...its still hope.


Starting TU: 536
Starting EQ: 573
Goal: 640


Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
tcbofade
Posts: 2,306
Registered: ‎09-26-2011
0

Re: "chances of approval"

[ Edited ]

JustinA wrote:

I would love to kick my younger self square in the baby maker.....


That's an interest choice of words....  lol...

 

In one sense or another, it applies to all of us.

 

Experience is the education you get about two years after you need it.  :smileyhappy:



Current Scores: EX 671 (FCR) TU08: 638 Wally (TU08).10/11//14 Last app 05/29/2014.
Being held hostage in the garden until 01 November 2014.

Zero percent financing is where the devil lives...
Mega Contributor
LS2982
Posts: 15,434
Registered: ‎04-09-2011
0

Re: "chances of approval"


tcbofade wrote:

JustinA wrote:

I would love to kick my younger self square in the baby maker.....


That's an interest choice of words....  lol...

 

In one sense or another, it applies to all of us.

 

Experience is the education you get about two years after you need it.  :smileyhappy:


Cant bold it but like your last sentence! Very true!




Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}