Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"further processing required"

tag
konabill
Regular Contributor

"further processing required"

Thank you Bill xxxxxxx. We have received your application and further processing is required at this time. We will contact you within a week via email regarding our decision. Thank you for requesting a Citi® Platinum Select® MasterCard®.      

As this was not a total denial I assume I have a chance.  I need patience today.

Curious what "further processing" would be required??

TU 802 EQ 806
*USAA*PENFED*NFCU*AMEX*DISCOVER*CiTi*WALMART*BESTBUY*
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "further processing required"

Hi, 

I'm a systems analyst and have worked on credit systems at different banks/companies for many years, and spent several years working on automated new accounts system for credit cards.  Sortof ironic since my own credit history is spotty, but i'm working on that.  anyways...

There are a number of reasons why an appication may "pend".  On the system I worked on, customers received the same message on pends and declines, but not all companies may do the same thing. 

An application can be pended for a variety of reasons, some of which may be obvious (bankruptcy, existing account)...and others not so obvious (timeout waiting for bureau response, data mismatch, no hits, internal scorecard).  If an app is pended, that means the system can't handle the decision.  So it kicks out for manual review.

Long story short, depnding on how they run their business the message may be the same, or different for pends vs. declines.

Message 2 of 13
konabill
Regular Contributor

"Long story short, depnding on how they run their business the message may be the same, or different for pends vs. declines."     

Thanks for the reply.......I think

I am climbing the "down" escalator

TU 802 EQ 806
Message 3 of 13
smc733
Valued Contributor

I got the same message from Citi regarding my application for the Forward card.

A week later I got an address verification letter.  A week after that, approved!  

Now on to Bank of America.  When I applied for the Platinum Plus Student Visa, I got a message that they were "Carefully Reviewing your Request", I applied at 11PM on a Friday night.  10AM the following monday, I got an analyst asking me to confirm info, why I applied, etc, and got approved.  

So I would say pending is usually better than an instant denial.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 4 of 13
konabill
Regular Contributor

smc733.   An address verification make sense for me as a dual resident.  I use on-line bill pay but the app process did not allow 2 addresses.  

I hope you are correct.  Thanks for post.

TU 802 EQ 806
Message 5 of 13
smc733
Valued Contributor

That is most likely it.  I have an old address on my Experian report from one of my student loans, which always makes me have to verify the new address on my Equifax and TU.

BofA Cash Rewards VS - $25k | Citi Double Cash World MC - $18.9k | Amex BCE - $50k | Discover it - $50k | Chase Freedom Unlimited VS- $10k | Barclay Ring $5k |
Message 6 of 13
hollywdredd
Valued Member

@smc733, what was the verdict? I applied last night after getting a little too excited about a pre-approval letter and things I was seeing here on the boards and got the "processing" message. I moved 6 months ago so I'm hoping it's that. From the messages I've seen here it goes either way with citi - def doesn't mean an auto decline like it does with some cards.

Message 7 of 13
OnWayUpinTexas
Regular Contributor

Tomorrow is one week since I applied for Citi Forward card and received the same "further processing required" message that OP received.  Hard pull was done on EQ the night I applied online.  Surely it could not take them this long to DENY me(?)  Anyone else had any recent experience with this situation--a whole week with no email, denial, approval, nothing from Citi?  Trying (hoping) to take the giant leap back into the big-boy cards (relatively speaking) with this approval (if it comes)!

Starting Score: 542 (in 2006)
Current Score: 661 (TU FICO), 677 (EQ FICO), 672 (EX FICO)
Goal Score: 750+
Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got the same message when I applied.. turned out I had defaulted on a credit card from a bank they took over and long story short I was blacklisted.  They were sending me preapprovals for months and ever since I applied they stopped.

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Could go either way. I would of called from the beginning myself if I got that message. If you got the 7-10 business days then one week would be pretty quick for them.

I would check your mailbox this week too. If you see something from Citi in your mailbox then it is probably not good.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.