Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"new" CC are no longer "new" when?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

"new" CC are no longer "new" when?

I have a few cards that are about to have a 1 year birthday party...

does FICO give anymore weight to these cards, since they are no longer "new" accounts?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: "new" CC are no longer "new" when?

mymy wrote:
I have a few cards that are about to have a 1 year birthday party...

does FICO give anymore weight to these cards, since they are no longer "new" accounts?

No, they will not be given any more weight when they are a year old, but the longer they continue to generate positive history, the better.

Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Hi, mymy, not sure what you mean by "weight," but you should get four small score hops: one for each card going over 12 months old, and one for each inq that resulted in you getting each card.

When one of my cards turned 1 recently, I got points for age on the first of that month, but I didn't get the points for the inq no longer counting until the exact day of the month that it had originally hit.

Happy birthday! Smiley Happy
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

thanks hauling,

i thought so,,,wasnt sure what the benefit was at the 1 year mark..but I remember there was somethin...thanks for the clarity...

one thing though, this may sound like a basic question and I have been on this board for over a year, but doesnt  a INQ stay for TWO years?

thanks
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Displays for two years, including to new creditors when app'ing for a new card, but only is counted in scoring for one year.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.