cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ready to app after util dropped-suggestions

tag
1hardinquiry

ready to app after util dropped-suggestions

Hey everybody! Statement just posted for my Cap1 Furniture Row card and it now shows my balance at 0, limit 1200.

I'm going to be going instore to talk to an associate about getting an increase, since I called CS on my card to talk

to them about me being told I can't have an increase on my card since I'm under a certain promo plan that's attached to the card.

I'm hoping to see if they'll give me a new plan and a higher limit if I tell them I'll be using it for a purchase before the new year.

Regardless of that, the balance is 0 now.

I'm wanting to app for the Chase Freedom since I got a pre-approval, but wanted to know who Chase pulls.

I'm in Nebraska and I believe it's TU, according to my boyfriend after he read through these forums and whogaveyoucredit.com.

I just want to make sure.

Any suggestions as to what card I should app for? I'd really only like to app once and have the right card.

My reports EQ and TU reports show no inquiries at all, but EX shows three that are all well past the year mark.

Also concerned with all three reports showing different things for a Walmart CC I'm an AU on with my boyfriend.

TU shows 0 balance on WM with $700 limit from beginning of 2011.

Freecreditreport.com shows EX report with WM at 1100 limit on card, and doesn't show me as AU- is that because it's not the TRUE EX report?

Just card hunting: Wanting a BT card. Thinking of Chase, either my pre-approval OR Slate. Considering a Cap1 BT card with no BT fee,

but not sure if I can have two Cap1 cards on reports, even though my Furniture Row is still under HSBC?

Thanks to all who give suggestions or tips!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

Re: ready to app after util dropped-suggestions

@1hardinquiry wrote:

Hey everybody! Statement just posted for my Cap1 Furniture Row card and it now shows my balance at 0, limit 1200.

I'm going to be going instore to talk to an associate about getting an increase, since I called CS on my card to talk

to them about me being told I can't have an increase on my card since I'm under a certain promo plan that's attached to the card.

I'm hoping to see if they'll give me a new plan and a higher limit if I tell them I'll be using it for a purchase before the new year.

Regardless of that, the balance is 0 now.

I'm wanting to app for the Chase Freedom since I got a pre-approval, but wanted to know who Chase pulls.

I'm in Nebraska and I believe it's TU, according to my boyfriend after he read through these forums and whogaveyoucredit.com.

I just want to make sure.

Any suggestions as to what card I should app for? I'd really only like to app once and have the right card.

My reports EQ and TU reports show no inquiries at all, but EX shows three that are all well past the year mark.

Also concerned with all three reports showing different things for a Walmart CC I'm an AU on with my boyfriend.

TU shows 0 balance on WM with $700 limit from beginning of 2011.

Freecreditreport.com shows EX report with WM at 1100 limit on card, and doesn't show me as AU- is that because it's not the TRUE EX report?

Just card hunting: Wanting a BT card. Thinking of Chase, either my pre-approval OR Slate. Considering a Cap1 BT card with no BT fee,

but not sure if I can have two Cap1 cards on reports, even though my Furniture Row is still under HSBC?

Thanks to all who give suggestions or tips!

DEFINITELY go for the Chase Freedom since you got that nice letter sitting around Smiley Happy great rotating 5x rewards and 1x on everything! Check your letter to see the BT info, likely shorter than that on the Slate unless you got some nice offered conditions!

And you can have two Cap1 cards on reports. They list them separate based on the account number. My mother has two listed on hers!

Message 2 of 4
1hardinquiry

Freedom offer is 0% APR BT's and Purchases until cycle ending 04/2014.

No AF

3% BT fee.

Plus it declares:

"As the primary cardmember, you will be liable for all account balances. Authorized users will have no financial responsibility for the account. For authorized users, this account will be reported to the credit reporting agencies as an authorized user's account. This could potentially impact an authorized user's credit score. If an authorized user who is the spouse of the primary cardmember is added at the time the account is opened, he/she will not be able to remove the account from their credit bureau report."

So at least they say it will impact (for better) my boyfriends score if I make him an AU.

My Discover More can be converted to the Discover IT now as well, for 1% back on everything, I believe. Still have to call and convert it. Does converting my More to their IT change anything for my account in regards to my CR's?

Message 3 of 4
daybreakgonesXe
Valued Contributor

@1hardinquiry wrote:

Freedom offer is 0% APR BT's and Purchases until cycle ending 04/2014.

No AF

3% BT fee.

Plus it declares:

"As the primary cardmember, you will be liable for all account balances. Authorized users will have no financial responsibility for the account. For authorized users, this account will be reported to the credit reporting agencies as an authorized user's account. This could potentially impact an authorized user's credit score. If an authorized user who is the spouse of the primary cardmember is added at the time the account is opened, he/she will not be able to remove the account from their credit bureau report."

So at least they say it will impact (for better) my boyfriends score if I make him an AU.

My Discover More can be converted to the Discover IT now as well, for 1% back on everything, I believe. Still have to call and convert it. Does converting my More to their IT change anything for my account in regards to my CR's?

That i've been seeing on the boards, nope! It will have the same exact history and account #!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.