Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

really disappointed with myself!

tag
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

really disappointed with myself!

If its one thing I preach, patience and pay your bills on time.  For the past few months ive been playing arount with reported util. and seeing what works best for me and well I got mixed up with which card reported what.  I have 2 cc's with NFCU and one had a balance and the other didnt.  I got mixed up and confused one with the other and lets just say I didnt realize I missed the payment till the day after its due.  I called them faster than the roadrunner can outrun the coyote!  After speaking with multiple CSR's I was assured over and over that its not a big deal and that they dont really take action until it goes 10 days past due.  They looked at my payment history and see that I PIF every month a most of the time PIF before the statement even cuts.

I was really worried because my payment was due on the 6th and didnt call it in until the 7th but then the CSR told me it wouldnt post to my account till the 10th and my statement cuts on the 9th so I was extremely paranoid that they would report a late but they told me no they wouldnt cause A: its not 30 days late and B its in the system that I paid it so they would report I paid it but its just not going to post to my account till the 10th.

I take it this is now in their sytem that I paid a payment one day late and I can only hope this doesnt affect my request for a CLI down the road with them

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Duncanrr
Valued Contributor

Re: really disappointed with myself!

Beep Beep!!!

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 808 TU --- EX --- CK 804(FAKO-EX 821, EQ 823, TU 803)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 4
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Dodged a bullet there.  

Another reason to only worry about utilization at app time.  Not being late is much more important.

Message 3 of 4
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

what about automatic bill paid ?

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.