Reply
Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas
Posts: 346
Registered: ‎04-28-2012
0

Re: really disappointed


randeman wrote:

isoldmyatlas wrote:

drewrico wrote:

isoldmyatlas wrote:

How come you didn't just PC the More to the It?  Discover doesn't really let people have 2 cards.




 

 

Yes they do...


They're moving away from that, though.  It looks like they're doing a bit of rebranding and the IT card is going to be their only personal card available.


Where did you hear this?


It's been discussed here as well as on a number of other sites I read.  There were a bunch of writeups about it a few months back.  If you google "changes to discover card lineup" you can read about it that way.  I think it's mostly a smart move for them, but wish they'd also develop an amazing travel card.  They'd have a real edge since they're heavily accepted in Asia and don't charge FTF.

TU: 757 (12/14/14) | EQ: 778 (10/7/14) | EX: 770 (10/7/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $7,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/2013)
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 3,162
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: really disappointed


isoldmyatlas wrote:

drewrico wrote:

isoldmyatlas wrote:

How come you didn't just PC the More to the It?  Discover doesn't really let people have 2 cards.




 

 

Yes they do...


They're moving away from that, though.  It looks like they're doing a bit of rebranding and the IT card is going to be their only personal card available.


I guarantee that you can still get a second Discover card now. If such a change is underway, at least it hasn't happened yet. :catwink:

Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas
Posts: 346
Registered: ‎04-28-2012
0

Re: really disappointed


HiLine wrote:

isoldmyatlas wrote:

drewrico wrote:

isoldmyatlas wrote:

How come you didn't just PC the More to the It?  Discover doesn't really let people have 2 cards.




 

 

Yes they do...


They're moving away from that, though.  It looks like they're doing a bit of rebranding and the IT card is going to be their only personal card available.


I guarantee that you can still get a second Discover card now. If such a change is underway, at least it hasn't happened yet. :catwink:


It'll be a slow process.  A phase-out.  Like the slow death of the dear unicorn card! :smileyhappy: 

TU: 757 (12/14/14) | EQ: 778 (10/7/14) | EX: 770 (10/7/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $7,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/2013)
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 3,162
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: really disappointed

The Unicorn card was before my time lol. :catembarrassed: Could you share with us the story of the mythological credit card? What happened to the existing cards in the end? :smileytongue:

Senior Contributor
Open123
Posts: 4,219
Registered: ‎02-23-2011
0

Re: really disappointed

I'm always going to regret a little having to give up my "unicorn" card.

New Contributor
ItchyAppFingers
Posts: 96
Registered: ‎07-31-2012
0

Re: really disappointed

Apparently, your credit score won't be the only thing that gets factor in for approval. The CCC take into consideration everything else on your credit report so despite your high credit score thats only a portion of what they take into account for approval. If you have a couple of negatives that will most likely sabotage your chances of approval. :/
My Current Plastic: {Amazon Store Card} {Amazon Visa} {Amex Zync} {Amex Gold PRG} {Amex BCE} {Bloomingdales} {BOA 123 Cash Rewards} {Capital One Platinum Visa} {Chase Freedom Visa} {Discover IT} {Kohls} {Macy's} {Nordstrom} {SonyCard Visa} {Target RedCard}
Frequent Contributor
isoldmyatlas
Posts: 346
Registered: ‎04-28-2012
0

Re: really disappointed


HiLine wrote:

The Unicorn card was before my time lol. :catembarrassed: Could you share with us the story of the mythological credit card? What happened to the existing cards in the end? :smileytongue:


Once upon a time... :smileywink:

 

Basically, AMEX used to offer the Zync charge card for $25 a year and you could add "packs" that would give you extra MRE points on certain categories of purchases.  I think most of those were around an additional $5 to $25 dollars a year.  Around September or October '12 they took the Zync off the website but people could still apply for it by phone.  Then shortly thereafter, they no longer took phone applications.  Finally AMEX announced it was officially discontinued, but if you had the card, your card AND the packs you had were still valid - you just couldn't change them.  Then about 2 months ago, AMEX announced it was canceling packs completely.  So currently, the card exists solely as a $25/year charge card that earns 1 MRE point per dollar. 

 

TL;DR: The Zync has been slowly dismantled due to AMEX no longer offering it.

TU: 757 (12/14/14) | EQ: 778 (10/7/14) | EX: 770 (10/7/14)

Cap1 Quicksilver, $4,750 (4/2012); Discover IT, $7,000 (10/2012); Chase Amazon Rewards, $7,600 (10/2012); AMEX Hilton HHonors, $15,000 (11/2012); AMEX Blue Cash Everyday, $10,000 (01/2013); Barclaycard Arrival+, $10,000 (07/2013); Chase Hyatt, $7,000 (09/2013)
Valued Contributor
CreditScholar
Posts: 2,300
Registered: ‎01-22-2012
0

Re: really disappointed

[ Edited ]

LS2982 wrote:

mygoal750 wrote:

I applied for Chase Slate for their balance transfer offer.  I wanted to transfer my Discover More balance over because Discover wouldn't approve me for the IT card.  My current scores are around 720-742 (Walmart & FICO).  I called tonite to check on status, and their response was due to the fact that I burned them for $2,500 10 years ago, they could not appove my application.  They also mentioned that on 3 of my cards, I have high utilization.  My credit lines total $63K, and I am carrying a total of $13K total, but it's just on 3 cards.  those 3 are at 50%; 80% and 85%.  I told them that one of the cards was medical bills that I hope to have paid off this year, but that didn't seem to matter. 

 

Really disappointed....I thought once i reached my goal of a 750 score, approvals would come easier.  I applied for IT in February, but was shot down. Now, this rejection.    


I think Chase was within their rights to decline you. You've burned them in the past and did not pay back the debt and you have 13K in CC debt.

 

It's hard to expect creditors to approve you with such high debt, more than likely you would have to get recon lucky on an approval.

 

Do you have a gameplan to pay down your debt?


+1. Chase like many other lenders has a long memory. Even when your derogs fall off your CRs, they will still be able to see that you've burned them in their own internal records. If you want any chance of a Chase card in the future, pay them back what you owed and get your util down. If you don't do both of those things, your chances with them are virtually zero even if your FICO does hit 750.

FICOs: EX: 826, EQ: 817, TU: 810
Bank of America Privileges with Travel Rewards Visa Signature - $23,200 CL
Chase Sapphire Preferred Visa Signature - $12,700 CL
Chase United MileagePlus Club World Elite MasterCard - $26,500 CL
Citibank American Airlines Executive World Elite MasterCard - $22,500 CL
J.P. Morgan Ritz Carlton Visa Signature - $23,500 CL
Blogger
HiLine
Posts: 3,162
Registered: ‎10-19-2012
0

Re: really disappointed


isoldmyatlas wrote:

HiLine wrote:

The Unicorn card was before my time lol. :catembarrassed: Could you share with us the story of the mythological credit card? What happened to the existing cards in the end? :smileytongue:


Once upon a time... :smileywink:

 

Basically, AMEX used to offer the Zync charge card for $25 a year and you could add "packs" that would give you extra MRE points on certain categories of purchases.  I think most of those were around an additional $5 to $25 dollars a year.  Around September or October '12 they took the Zync off the website but people could still apply for it by phone.  Then shortly thereafter, they no longer took phone applications.  Finally AMEX announced it was officially discontinued, but if you had the card, your card AND the packs you had were still valid - you just couldn't change them.  Then about 2 months ago, AMEX announced it was canceling packs completely.  So currently, the card exists solely as a $25/year charge card that earns 1 MRE point per dollar. 

 

TL;DR: The Zync has been slowly dismantled due to AMEX no longer offering it.


 

 

Oh wait - the Unicorn was the Zync card? Lol  Thanks for the concise summary - what a well-written piece of history! :manhappy:

New Contributor
danielodonoll
Posts: 401
Registered: ‎03-16-2013
0

Re: really disappointed

Creditscholar,Your saying that everyone in the US who has legitimate BK protection should go ahead and feel bad for the rest  of her or his life because they made a uninformal financial mistake in the past wich 100% of us do!

 

The po apperantly had some difficulties in the past like we all do in life and deserve a chance to put his act together and come out of this proud

Yes he used to own Chase money and that was written of by Chase

Chase used  to make money from the intrest when Chase lended him money.So it was a business transaction but thats not the point here. The point is;

 

The po came here for  advise,not to be reminded how much of bad choices he did?

Lets give him a hand instead of criticism. I believe he will be ok as long   as he  pay down the debt as soon as he can .

I do believer however that the charge off is not that much to pay anyways

Citi Bank X2/ 29k-USAA Amex/Mastercard 24k-PP Mastercard 20k_
WMDiscover 20k-PenFed X2/15k
Current Fico/EQ-765
Garden Time Day- 10
Remaining Days-170

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}