New Contributor

rebuilders

Well its been 18 months since my bk discharge and thanks to all the advice gathered from here I am well on my to recovery.
Like most people rebuilding I got the usual rebuilders credit one, Applied bank and Tribute. About 6 months ago I got a capital one card and thru the credit steps cli etc I am sitting at a cl of $1800, Tonight I Applied for and received another capital one card with a 2k starting limit 0 perc interest until feb 09 and zero transfer fee's.
My question is this
All 3 of the rebuilder cards have a huge annual fee and charge me fee's monthly ranging from 5.95 month to 10.95 month, ( I was very happy to pay these a year ago to get restarted ). Should I go ahead and transfer my balance to my new cap 1 and close them or just let them age and pay the fee's? At some point i definatly want to close them as they will never grow into anything useful long term and was thinking about taking the hit now. they are all over a year old so have 12+ months of positive payment history that will be there.

Any ideas or input from the experts or anyone else would be appreciated.

Starting Score: 649
Current Score: 680
Goal Score: 700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.