cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

received my Quicksilver card, it looks fake!

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

Re: received my Quicksilver card, it looks fake!

I almost shredded mine when I got it!

Message 11 of 35
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

When I PC'd to the QS the CSR actually told me to look for it in the mail and not to discard it because people mistake it for promo/fake cards. 

I must say after getting my Discover IT in copper, the QS looks more like something my parents used to let us play grocery store with as kids...kinda lame. 

Message 12 of 35
Imua
Frequent Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@john398 wrote:

A lot of cards no longer have raised letters, like Discover IT or Chase Slate

Yep, it makes it hard for the merchants to take a carbon paper impression of these cards for the receipt. Oh wait, its not 1980 anymore. Nevermind...

there's a very popular restaurant near me that still does the carbon paper impression thing for credit cards!  no swiping there (and no AMEX)

Message 13 of 35
john398
Senior Contributor

@Imua wrote:

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Yep, it makes it hard for the merchants to take a carbon paper impression of these cards for the receipt. Oh wait, its not 1980 anymore. Nevermind...

there's a very popular restaurant near me that still does the carbon paper impression thing for credit cards!  no swiping there (and no AMEX)

so what happens when they get cards they cannot imprint?

Message 14 of 35
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

LOL, yes it is a piece of junk, had to get my own pic card. After 2 months of use the QS card started to deteriorate and actually separate layers.

Message 15 of 35
PlasticOrPlastic
Established Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

LOL, yes it is a piece of junk, had to get my own pic card. After 2 months of use the QS card started to deteriorate and actually separate layers.

I just did a mock up of the quicksilver card front and submitted it as my custom image.  This should be interesting Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 35
p-
Valued Contributor

@peepers wrote:
This thing is flimsy and the info isn't raised, just flat printed on. It truly reminds me of when I used to get pre-approvals and they'd send a "fake" card. Any chance of getting a different, more legit looking card? Like if I design my own?

The World version of this looks pretty cool, with everything monochrome, logo included.  But once you go to a custom image not only do you get the raised numbers, but you also get a circus logo again :-(

Mine went from this:

Quick.png

to this:

cap1.jpg

When I submitted the custom carbon fiber image I was hoping ther rest of the info would stay monochrome and 2d...  Sadly, it did not.

Message 17 of 35
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Themanwhocan wrote:

@john398 wrote:

Maybe not 1980 but if the magnetic stripe somehow is broken the card will not be processed manually in Europe if the merchant cannot take an imprint of the card...happened with my Discover IT card and luckily still had the old Discover More in my other wallet...lol...ordered a new card and at the same time a new design...ha ha

...but yes also my Cap1 QS VS has embossed figures on the own design card...actually I have never seen the original QS card other than from pictures..still have the former cash rewards card until it expires.

Message 18 of 35
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

EXACT same thing with their GM World Elite MC it kinda sucks only thing that makes it look cool is the silver MC logo

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 19 of 35
celluloid17
Established Contributor

Are the card numbers embossed if you choose an image from Capital One's image gallery options or is it only if you submit your own design?  Can your custom image be a copyrighted image chosen from the web or just personal photos and designs?

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.