Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recommendations for another card?

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: recommendations for another card?

@UniqueUsername wrote:
Thanks for the ideas. I got bad information about the quicksilver af somewhere. ..

How is cap these days? I hated them fora car loan years ago.

On the csp I have been buying travel via ur. I don't have any trips planned though and don't like statement credits being 1:1. I may stack them for later travel.

The option to pick bonus categories is a good one too.

Sounds like it is quicksilver vs Fidelity vs us bank Cash+. Any thought on this comparison? I'll do my homework on all 3 too.

So the breakdown between these three:

Quicksilver: 1.5% everywhere, uncapped.  Can also redeem any amount, however small.  No FTF

Fidelity: 2% everywhere uncapped.  Amex, so less acceptance than Visa/MC, not so bad in US, worse abroad.   Need at least $50 to redeem.  Small FTF

US Bank Cash Plus:  2 5% categories that you can select each quarter.  Now capped at $2000 per quarter (so $100 back per quarter).  Also choose one uncapped 2% category, and everything else uncapped at 1%.   Redeem any amount, but once per year, if you redeem $100 or more, you get a bonus $25.

I have all three, and basically use Cash Plus for the 5% categories, Fidelity for non-bonus categories, and Quicksilver where Amex isn't accepted

Message 11 of 14
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Plus consider Sallie Mae Rewards Mastercard, since its 5% categories beats the BCE's 3% and 2% categories, upto the monthly caps. Use BCE after you have used up the Sallie Mae's cap in a particular month.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 12 of 14
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@OP  the Sallie Mae is only 5% up to the first 250 you spend a month for groceries, gas and I think 750 for books. I think you're better off with the BCP if you just convert personally but it really depends on how much you spend a month on credit cards.

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 13 of 14
UniqueUsername

I am pretty sure I'll convert to BCP in April when I'm eligible. I'm mostly looking to fill the gaps when BCP has hit the reward limit and It / freedom aren't on gas/grocery plus fill the gaps. I'd like better than 1% on every purchase.

Great ideas so far folks. On the us bank Cash+ it says to go to a branch. None in 100 miles. Any experience with a phone app?
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.