Regular Contributor

recon number for citi forward?

can not found it in the backdoor list. please help me, thanks

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
dodgeball
Established Contributor

Re: recon number for citi forward?

Citibank does not do recons, the CSR's and Underwriters for the most part can not override the computer, one of quirks of citibank

NFCU Cash Rewards Siggy $22k, NFCU Flagship Rewards Siggy $22K, NFCU Platinum MC $20K, USAA Amex Rewards $6k, USAA World Mastercard Rewards $6k, NFCU Navcheck $15k

Other Cards - Citibank AAdvantage, Chase Slate, Barclays Rewards,

IN THE GARDEN UNTIL APRIL 2014

NFCU FAN CLUB MEMBER #1

Chase Star Card
NFCU FAN CLUB FAN#1
Message 2 of 5
CreditWorld2013
Frequent Contributor

@dodgeball wrote:

Citibank does not do recons, the CSR's and Underwriters for the most part can not override the computer, one of quirks of citibank

They do recons but most of the time they stick to the original decision unless you can provide direct evidence that counters the reason. For example, a mistake or if you've reduced utilization or a negative has fallen off. However, most of the time they will require a 2nd Hard Pull.

Message 3 of 5
Walt_K
Senior Contributor

As another example, I was able to get approved for Forward on recon when denied due to too many inquiries.  Most of the inquiries were due to mortgage shopping. 

ETA: as to recon number, pretty sure I used one of the numbers in the backdoor number threads, so not sure what issue OP is having.  Don't remember which number now, but I would imagine if you call one of the application status numbers, if they can't help you, they can tell you whom to call.

Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 4 of 5
FloridaState12
Established Contributor

I have also gotten a recon with the Citi Forward, but I believe my case was atypical. I had the HUGEST fiasco with my application, and different answers from everyone I talked to, and apparently nobody could find my application anywhere even though I already had an inquiry. I eventually, somehow in some convoluted way, got someone from the presidential office who handled everything and successfully found the application, then overturned the denial. 

You pretty much have to have extenuating circumstances to get a recon approved. I would probably just leave it alone lol

Photobucket
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.