Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recon or apply again?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

recon or apply again?

I was declined by Amex (Blue cash) in Jan due to high balance and a recent baddie, now my balance is paid down to 0 and baddie is removed, EQ FICO went from 710 to 753 (yay!). Should I call for a recon or simply apply again? how does recon work? any good backfoor# for amex recon?

Thanks!

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: recon or apply again?

your scores are very good.  I would say reapply.  but remember that amex uses their own internal system to grade risk.   so overall your risk might not be attractive to them.   but if you want it with a 750's  i say go for it and if they deny you recon.

Message 2 of 5
DI
Super Contributor

Yes reapply.   July 2009, I applied for the Blue and was denied.  I had one baddies left on my report.  I got it removed in August.  August 2009, I applied for the Blue again and got approved after a recon. 

Message 3 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

I was declined by Amex (Blue cash) in Jan due to high balance and a recent baddie, now my balance is paid down to 0 and baddie is removed, EQ FICO went from 710 to 753 (yay!). Should I call for a recon or simply apply again? how does recon work? any good backfoor# for amex recon?

Thanks!

And remember that AmEx pulls Experian (sometimes other reports in addition), so be sure that whatever cleanup is showing on your EQ report shows on your EX as well. Good luck!

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

wow you guys are helpful! thanks a lot!

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.