Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recon penfed?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

recon penfed?

I applied for the PenFed Platinum Rewards and got a $5000 credit line. Is it possible to recon the starting limit or request a cli?

Message 1 of 41
40 REPLIES 40
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: recon penfed?

@Anonymous wrote:

I applied for the PenFed Platinum Rewards and got a $5000 credit line. Is it possible to recon the starting limit or request a cli?

There is no reconning with Penfed after initial approval.. You can request a CLI but they ususally like to see the cardholder have it for a few months before a CLI.  But you can always request one..

Message 2 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

how can i request a cli? and what are the fees for maintaining the savings account? I can't find anything about it on their website

Message 3 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

how can i request a cli? and what are the fees for maintaining the savings account? I can't find anything about it on their website

Since it is a new account, to request a CLI you have to call them and request it.  There are no fees for maintaining a savings account.  All I kept in my savings is $10 for the last 3 months...

It is the checking account that has to have a minimum of $500..

Message 4 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Completed a request for credit limit increase online and it says the application has been referred to a loan officer. check back on the website in 24 hours. Is this usually good or bad news? And how can I check the status on their website?

Message 5 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Completed a request for credit limit increase online and it says the application has been referred to a loan officer. check back on the website in 24 hours. Is this usually good or bad news? And how can I check the status on their website?

It can mean both..  You can't check status until it is completed..

Message 6 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

what was your EQ like when you joined for getting a 5k?

Message 7 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

what was your EQ like when you joined for getting a 5k?

Message 8 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

I recently got approved for the PenFed Platinum Rewards VS for $5k as well with a 789 EX score. I also applied for their Promise card but got denied..

Message 9 of 41
Anonymous
Not applicable

Penfed is way cheap on limits.  Wouldn't bother reconning 5K cuz that is considered a "high" starting limit.

Cheap bastages.

Message 10 of 41
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.