Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

recon success only in my dreams

tag
tbc
New Contributor

recon success only in my dreams

I guess I have been reading this forum so much this past year, I am actually dreaming I am doing reconsiderations and getting approved in my dreams.  

This forum and everyones help has been a great success to me thank you to everyone.  

Just want to know, has anyone else actually dreamed about this forum?  lol

I check in everyday to check progress.  Even while at work, I try to sneak a quick check on my fico to get updated on peoples success/denials .

Maybe its because I am stuck to my bed today with fever and cold/strep infection which made me think I was actually doing a recon and with much success and posted here my success.  lol

When I woke up and realized it was a dream, I wanted to call and do a recon/cause ya know its been within 30 days, and I have subjected myself to the gardening mode, but I was so thrilled with the recon, I just wanted to call........then I realized.......alas I have no voice........wow, I will go back to sleep now and hopefully dream it into reality.....lol

Again, thank you to everyone for all your advice and shared experiences.  

Hope this puts at least a little smile on someone's face as I chuckle to myself, as I read the credit dungeon......lol

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
GOAL: HEAVEN
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
dalebb
Valued Contributor

Re: recon success only in my dreams

Smiley Very Happy

Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Haha, you know that's really funny - I had a dream about successfully reconing with Citi last night. I got their email about being denied for too many inquiries just before bed, and in my dream I successfully managed to recon it, although I only got a low CL for the card. So I woke up with a LETS DO THIS mentality, then remembered how awfully useless their phone reps were last time I tried to inquire about a recon. I guess it works a lot better in dreams.

Message 3 of 8
tbc
New Contributor

I am soooo glad I am not the only one.

This recon stuff........whew...........

I am still thinking I am going to recon when I get my voice back.  lol

What is so bad, I can clearly remember my exact words on the phone with the lady, I almost think I should do it, maybe they will be in the christmas spirit of giving.  

1-1-11 350's TU/EQ
MYFICO TU 656
EQUIFAX 593 TODAY
GOAL: HEAVEN
Message 4 of 8
logan_720
Established Contributor

After first reading this, I thought to myself, "Wow, I wonder what its like to dream about a credit card recon...."

I now know what that's like. It happened to me, regarding my upcoming recon with Chase. Smiley Sad

Message 5 of 8
FrugalRican
Blogger

I guess I'm way too new for these forums to get this.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SynnDiesel wrote:

You'll get there Smiley Happy

I'm guilty myself, but it's usually around the actual FICO score... 669... 683... 707... 724... Not there yet, but if I stick to the plan, I will be.

Message 7 of 8
LilloEsquilo
Contributor

@SynnDiesel wrote:

Well the only people who dream of recon success are those who are constantly thinking about credit cards. It gets to be an addiction and a way of life for some, they get their "high" off their score going up 20 pts, or being approved for some card they see as very desirable. The problem is, once the high wears off the only way to get it back is to get another card or another boost in score, and those aren't things you are just going to do all that often. So hopefully they have another way of getting that in life. But that's another issue. Anyway if you get into this enough, you will, if not, you may never understand and that's ok too.

FICOS 2/2012 EQ: 763 TU: 761 EX: 746 (1/2012 EX)
Cards: Associated Bank Visa 9000, Paypal Mastercard 3000, Amazon Store card 1100, Barclays Apple Financing 2500, Cap One Rewards Mastercard 3000
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.