Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

removed myself as an AU but still has that account on CR

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

removed myself as an AU but still has that account on CR

Hi,

My brother added me to his chase freedom card as an AU last year with a CL of 4700 and after a few months a got an offer for the same card. I applied and got it for 7000 right away for chase freedom visa signature card then they increase my limit to 8400. After getting my own card I asked my brother to call them up and tell them to remove me on his card they did so. But even after 4 months of doing so they account is still on my credit report.

My question is how can I remove that account from my account or show it as a closed account and secondly that account has a balance of about $900 and If I get the success in removing or closing that account it won't be over due of $900  right ?

Third and last question if they closed that account my average age of accounts will improve or not ?

Please suggest.

Regards.

Citi Simplicity 9K

Chase Freedom 8.4K

Amx blue 5K

Discover More 2K

Macy's 2.5K

Citi Dividend 4K

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: removed myself as an AU but still has that account on CR

To get the account removed from your report its really easy. Send a letter of dispute or call each of the 3 bureaus. They should remove it very easily. If they do not; send another dispute along with a copy of your brothers credit card statement again disputing the account as "not mine"
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks alot for the reply.

Can i do this online for all three ?

I heard I can do it online for experian but not for the rest.

Message 3 of 4
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks alot for the reply.

Can i do this online for all three ?

I heard I can do it online for experian but not for the rest.

I believe you can... did you pull your free annual reports from annualcreditreport.com? If not start there. You can dispute online from there. If not go to each bureaus website and look for an online dispute button. If you have access to a fax machine you can use the fax to send in your disputes. I'm old school; I find that three letters with supporting documents and 3 first class postage stamps are easier to produce than online disputes and are generally speaking (from personal experience) more effective at accomplishing the directive.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.