Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

reporting question

tag
raisemysc0re
Established Contributor

reporting question

I now have 5 credit cards 4 of them are mine and 1 of them I am an authorized user.

The authorized card is my wife's account and she will always report a 5-9% UTI on it.

For scoring purposes I only want to keep a balance on 1 of my 4 cards, again only reporting with a 5-9% UTI.

My questions are for the other 3 cards.

1. If I charge a small amount and PIF before the reporting date the lender will report  0.00 balance but will it report a payment was made during that month?

2. If I do not charge anything on them for the whole statement will the lender simply not report anything?

2a. Does this hurt my score if it does not show a payment was made for any or all 3 on a given month?

3. If it doesn't hurt then would it be OK to simply make a small quarterly or semi annual charge on them, PIF and sock drawer it in between?

I want to continue to raise my score so any balance or payment advise is welcome...

| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |
Starting Scores (06/2016):

Current Fico8 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Current Fico9 Scores (Updated 10/24/23):

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: reporting question

OK OP , yes if you male a payment and pay it completly off bf the statement date , it still reports as Paid , if you don't use your card and have a zero balance MOST lenders will still report as paid , I say most with the exception of Comenity, they will not report if you don't have a balance or haven't used it . I'm not sure of any others lenders that don't report for no usage . If anyone else may know of any maybe they can chime in. And final question ,no it does not hurt your score and would be totally fine to just make purchases every few mths and PIF. Just make sure you do keep up with atleast making one purchase every few mths so the lender doesn't shut it down for no usage .
Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.