requirements for DISCOVER

tag
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Re: requirements for DISCOVER

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

T X JOHN----What IS your fico scores?  LOL

I'm waiting for all accounts to report before I run MyFICO.  But ScoreWatch gave me EQ 780 when PenFed reported, which was my last account to report, except now for NFCU.

I'll run MyFICO when NFCU reports so that I know the full "damages" and update my sig line Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 05-07-2009 12:32 PM

Haha.  What is they again??  Smiley Wink

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 31 of 46
score_building
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@score_building wrote:
not to mention to go on an app spree when you finally reach 1+ year AAoA can bring your AAoA back into the infant stages (if you obtain new accounts) this makes you look less desirable to all lenders and can jeopardize a mortgage application.

At the 1 yr mark i will be closing a few cards that I have no need for.And replacing them with more desirable cards.More desirable to me not anyone else.

thanks for the positive reinforcement tho........

that's cool.  ftr, i did not speak to what cards you find more or less desirable, that's for you to decide.
DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I apped Discover in early March. They  pulled EQ., my worst report by far. It's the only report with any bad, an 8 yr. old dismissed BK. EQ score at the time was 707, AAofAs 7.8 yrs, utilization 22-26%, no inquiries at all. I received instant online approval for $5000.

Immediately afterward I apped for Citi and US Bank...received $4000 and $8000 respectively. So, Discover seems to be not really conservative but not especially free with CLs.

Thanks for the info..And a belated Congrats on the approvals......

Thanks so much Carter. This first ever app spree for me was sparked by Chase taking over two of my older cards. Not sure why, but I just don't trust them and not crazy about their CS at all!.

Good luck to you when/if you decide to app...and a BIG CONGRATULATIONS on your new home!!!

Message 33 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

clock tick;   LOl

they is not so good.

Message 34 of 46
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

I've been itching to get the Discover More card and just decided to app before any legislation gets passed which would tighten credit even more.  Using a promo code from Sunday's paper, I got instant approval.  Not sure what the limit is yet, but having the card is more important to me than the limit, so I'm happy with whatever I getSmiley Wink

I am officially now in the gardening mode as there aren't any other cards I want, or need.  Maybe a CU card sometime early next year.

TU 5/09 -714

EQ 5/09 - 703

EX - ??

Message 35 of 46
demi
Established Contributor

After one payment I received a letter indicating that because my exceptional payment history on my Discover Card, they upped my limit from 1000 to 1350.  One payment !

Starting Score: EQ 679, TU 697
Current Score: EQ 680, TU 672
Goal Score: EQ 720, TU 720

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wow...excellent news!!  Congrats!!
Message 37 of 46
Kay_Cee
Regular Contributor

Vegas - Do you remember what your scores were when you applied?  $5,000 limit immediately??  I've got a couple of recent inquiries (4 in the last 12 months) but no derogs for 3+ years and never later, good DTI ratio, so even though I said I really didn't care, I'm hoping for a decent limit.Smiley Tongue

I'm kicking my HSBC Discover to the curb when I get the bill for the annual fee in October.  They served their purpose but, it's time to let them go.

Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Discover pulled EQ, my worst report and score. As I said before, it is the only report still showing my 8 yr old dismissed BK.  No other baddies and no inquiries in over a year.  My utilization at the time was about 26%, I believe, and my EQ score was 705-710.

The positives on my report included an AAofAs of 7.6 yrs and oldest card over 17 yrs. Highest credit card limit was $12,500.

Good luck to you on your app!

BTW...Even though I had received a preapproval for the More card a few months earlier, I didn't app at that time. Like you I used the promo code from a local Sunday paper insert when I applied.

ETA...I may have had to wait a few days to know what my limit would be on this card. I apped 2 other cards at the same time and know that 2 of them told me my limits immediately while one of them made me wait to know.

Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 05-19-2009 11:40 AM
Message Edited by VEEnVEGAS on 05-19-2009 11:46 AM
Message 39 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@clocktick wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

T X JOHN----What IS your fico scores?  LOL

I'm waiting for all accounts to report before I run MyFICO.  But ScoreWatch gave me EQ 780 when PenFed reported, which was my last account to report, except now for NFCU.

I'll run MyFICO when NFCU reports so that I know the full "damages" and update my sig line Smiley Happy

Message Edited by txjohn on 05-07-2009 12:32 PM

Haha.  What is they again??  Smiley Wink

@Anonymous wrote:

clock tick;   LOl

they is not so good.

I don't follow?  Was there a question or just a razz Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by txjohn on 05-19-2009 11:53 AM
Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.