Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

results of weekend mini app spree

tag
tiger67
Regular Contributor

results of weekend mini app spree

I had been impatiently waiting for my mortgage refi to close Fri before applying for a few new accounts. So, Sat I pulled the trigger online for the three accounts I’ve been planning.  All told it was a fairly successful weekend, with a few blunders on my part:

AmEx Green Rewards – approved (now I have to call CS and have my account re-dated to 1988)

Addison Avenue Platinum Cash Back Visa – approved 10,000 CL @ 5.24% (after calling CS)

Alliant – 3-5 days.  I screwed up a security question (couldn’t remember my old phone number)Smiley Surprised

When applying at Addison, I should have applied through the CC app, not the share account. I had to call CS and apply for the credit card separately. The rep said the membership app was only a soft, so hopefully I only used 1 inquiry. I will pull a report later today to confirm.

Prior to apps:     EQ 750, TU 762, EX 750

5 inquires in 12mo (2 from mortgage app 3 weeks ago)

1 (30) day late 3 years ago

1% util, 1 new account in last 3 years

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
FocusOnFICO
Regular Contributor

Re: results of weekend mini app spree

Congratulations Tiger--you will like Addison and after the Alliant security is straightened out you should get a good line, too.

Starting Score: TU 766 EQ 788
Current Score: TU 788 EQ 811
Goal Score: TU 800 EQ 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

tiger67, congrats on the AMEX approval!  Hope the back-dating goes smoothly.
Message 3 of 10
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

The backdating will be automatic, no need to call.
Message 4 of 10
tiger67
Regular Contributor

Thanks Mike. I'll let you know.

YE: Yes I'll have to call. My account was closed around '92 and no longer shows in their system. I have copies of credit reports from '96 that will have to be faxed in.

Side note:  AmEx pulled EX only, Alliant pulled EQ only. Addison must have pulled either TU or EX because I just pulled an EQ report and nothing shows. The alert should arrive tonight.

Message 5 of 10
YoungEntrepeneur
Established Contributor

My mother had an AmEx card opened in '89. I don't know when she closed it but when she was approved for the AmEx Delta Skymiles card last year, the opening date reported as 1989 on her credit reports. She didn't need to contact them.
Message 6 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Their systems on this matter, as in most others, are inscrutible. Sometimes the information is there and sometimes it isn't. When it isn't you have to come up with the proof. If you have the goods you are good - if not, well, you'll have to dig deeper.
Message 7 of 10
tiger67
Regular Contributor

After faxing 3 proof of id's and 2 phone calls I was approved for membership. I had to waste another inquiry to request the platinum visa rewards account. After emailing 2 pay stubs........... Approved 10,000 CL!

Message 8 of 10
tiger67
Regular Contributor

I'd been planning to do this once some of my 7 inquires fell off, but I thought since the new accounts hadn't post, wth .After my recent success, I decided to go ahead and app PenFed now.

Instant Approval: $10,000 Cl.

YesYesYesYesYesYesYes!

Message 9 of 10
creditwherecreditisdue
Senior Contributor

Nice PenFed approval! Congrats!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.