Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revolutioncard

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: revolutioncard

Hey, can we lower the temperature on this thread a bit, please?

All this misinterpreting of one another's motives and meanings should serve to remind us all that it's really easy to misread online postings.

FWIW, I took atlast's response to mean that it seems weird and wrong that a creditor would use a CRA to approve an application, but then wouldn't report to them. That seems surprising to me, because I thought that it was required: if a lender uses the shared info from the credit bureaus, they're supposed to report their experiences back.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 21 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

All this misinterpreting of one another's motives and meanings should serve to remind us all that it's really easy to misread online postings.

FWIW, I took atlast's response to mean that it seems weird and wrong that a creditor would use a CRA to approve an application, but then wouldn't report to them. That seems surprising to me, because I thought that it was required: if a lender uses the shared info from the credit bureaus, they're supposed to report their experiences back.

I think it should be that way, but it isn't. No one is required to report.
Message 22 of 32
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@Anonymous wrote:

@haulingthescoreup wrote:

I think it should be that way, but it isn't. No one is required to report.

Interesting! I'd love to get my hands one day on the agreement that lenders sign. Because, of course, this is related to that whole "GW's and PFD's are against the law", which they're not. They're just against the agreement.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 23 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

I knew I missed something. I didn't even know that atlast was a user name? I thought that they closed their comment by saying "at last". But it was a signature I take it.

Sorry atlast... completely missed that. Took you for in some way attacking me.

revolutioncard ran a hard inquiry from Equifax. There's no question about that.
revolutioncard claims not to report anything to the CRA's. I even verified that, being that it seems to be the big deal-breaker many are busting my(?) chops about.

Aside from verifying that, via E-mail and voice, I note that the accounts I have, do not shown up as TL's in any of my three credit reports. I updated all three reports today, so I could provide this thread the most current and accurate information I could.

Have a nice evening, everyone.
Message 24 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:
Trying not to be misunderstood I have to add that people can find an added benefit in having credit accounts that do not report to the CRA's.

It is IMPERATIVE to your credit report/score that you DO have accounts that report to the CRA's. Without such reporting, you'd have no credit history.

Accounts like revolutioncard (currently) allow you to keep the CRA's from judging your spending/paying activities with those accounts.

So, it's a very important point not to miss, that revolutioncard doesn't report to the CRA's.

Equally important to me that they don't, as I think of them as a shadow accounts. lol

There's an easy solution for keeping the CRAs unaware of your spending habits: it's called cold hard cash and/or debit cards.

Both are pretty much universally accepted. Why bother with this?

I guess your point makes no more sense to me than mine does to you. I'm not sorry about that, but good luck with the cold hard cash.

Well, Paypal would be the other alternative. Does this offer an advantage over Paypal?
Message 25 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

watchnerd, no thanks to you in your failings to humor me here in my well-intentioned thread. You're specifically uninvited to speak that way in my new "revolutioncard is HOT to the MAX" thread. Cleverness isn't your strong suit.

LMAO

BMFB
Message 26 of 32
marty56
Super Contributor

haulingthescoreup wrote:

Bill Me Latter does the same thing, as long as you PIF before the term date ends.

Why waste an INQ on something that wont benefit you in FICO wise or money wise?
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 27 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

haulingthescoreup wrote:

That seems surprising to me, because I thought that it was required: if a lender uses the shared info from the credit bureaus, they're supposed to report their experiences back.

I bought furniture last year and used their financing.  They pulled EQ, big fat ding on my CR.  They didn't report anywhere and had no intentions of doing so. I had to call them and beg them to report this TL as I was trying to re-establish credit.  Well they finally began reporting, again on EQ.  Turns out they are considered to be a FINANCE COMPANY - big fat NO NO on your credit report.  My EQ score has never been anywhere equal to the other two since then.  Now, I wish I'd have never pushed the issue.

I just got two new cell phones and they did an inquiry.  Guarantee you that this payment history won't report either unless I were to go into collections with the account.  My current landlord checked my EQ report before I signed the lease.  She doesn't report any of my timely lease payments at all. 

It would be nice if all companies - CC, utility, furniture, leasing agents, etc. -  who ding our CR's reported our history as well but it's not always the case.    I don't think it's a requirement.

As for the Revolution card, I really like the idea.  Finally there's credit that you can actually use without being penalized by FICO for using it.  Granted it's not friendly to those who need to establish/re-establish normal credit but sounds like a great alternative to those who already have established TL's but need to make unexpected purchases without the worry of a score drop.

Message 28 of 32
marty56
Super Contributor

HouseHunter wrote:
 Granted it's not friendly to those who need to establish/re-establish normal credit but sounds like a great alternative to those who already have established TL's but need to make unexpected purchases without the worry of a score drop.

Taking a score hit to use a CC is good.  It forces you to at least think about the purchase and then pay it off as soon as possible.  As a recovering credit card junkie, I can tell you there is always the temptation to fall back on old ways and you have to be FICO aware all the time.

Looking at the list of places to use the card, I didnt see anyone that really jumped out as an emergency type situation that could not be PIF before the CC reports.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 29 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
watchnerd, no thanks to you in your failings to humor me here in my well-intentioned thread. You're specifically uninvited to speak that way in my new "revolutioncard is HOT to the MAX" thread. Cleverness isn't your strong suit.

LMAO

BMFB

It wasn't an attempt at humoring you, nor at being clever. The question relative to PayPal was a serious one.

Why? Because from what I was able to Google, some of the officers and venture capitalists specifically said it was expected to compete against PayPal.

""We want to become for social networks what PayPal is for EBay," Ted Leonsis, chairman for Revolution Money, said last month at the Web 2.0 Summit in San Francisco.", Information Week, November, 2007

"Revolution Money Raises $50M to Take on PayPal", Venturebeat, September 25, 2007

Since you seem to like the card, I was hoping you could shed some light on Revolution's competitive edge over PayPal.
Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.