cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

revolving line card, do I ignore when figuring utilizaton?

tag
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

Re: revolving line card, do I ignore when figuring utilizaton?

Sounds like the same situation as with a Signature card.  The credit limit reports as $0, but the outstanding balance reports.

The balance carried on that card is figured into your total utilization, but you don't have the benefit of the additional 5k credit line added to the total credit available.  That's the drawback of these cards.

TU and EQ usually show "not reported" under the credit limit for these types of cards.  EX actually shows "$0" for the credit limit, which IMO unfairly skews your scores.

The above info is subject to correction by others here, but this is my experience with these types of cards. 

Message 11 of 13
stefanc
Regular Contributor

@smo65d11 wrote:

yes it is an American Airlines AMEX ... I KNOW I need to pay it down, but am trying to refi and need as good a FICO as possible, so I figure I should get my other cards down to 9% Util before tackling this one.  I have it down to about 82% Util right now, and my others down to 30-40%.  Fingers crossed that I won't get CLD in the next month or so though!

thanks for the answer!

This is a CITIBANK AAdvantage Amex????

I had one at one point, it did not report the "limit" but only the high balance - I don't know how it played out in my scores, but I'm thinking it looked maxed out with the high balance being the "limit" until payed down. I changed it to a CashReturns Card and now it does report the "hard" limit. The CL history on EX shows the high balance as the limit, all the way up until I did the card change, then it began to show the real limit.

Message 12 of 13
smo65d11
Regular Contributor

yes, it is a CITI AA AMEX ...

so is it best just to pay it down after I have paid all of my other cards down to 9% or lower? 

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.