Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

rooms to go/ GE CREDIT PC possible?

tag
vollybal
Regular Contributor

rooms to go/ GE CREDIT PC possible?

Hey all just curious if anyone know if GE does product changes? We have a Rooms To GO credit card with a very nice limit but now we moved cross country and there are no rooms to go stores anywhere in the state. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
cutemarty1
Regular Contributor

Re: rooms to go/ GE CREDIT PC possible?

+1

My TL : Discover 45k / Venture 39k / BCE AMEX 33k / BoA123 Sig 24k / WF propel 17k/ Home Depot 16.5 K / Barclays Arrival WEMC 15k / Citi World WEMC 16.5k / CU Visa 11k/ Nordstrom Visa 20K / penfed rewards visa 20k / Citi AA 16.5k / spark business 15k/ Chase ink business 15k/ delta Amex platinum 14k/ boa rewards 7k /Macy Store 5.3K / Best buy 2.4K / BBRZ Gold 1.4K / PNC 20k / AppleCard 40k/ citi premier 12.7k / chase Amazon 7k
Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

no... not right wording probably but GE backs the store as the bank but the card is designed for that store...

It's like some credit cards, Chase Starbucks could not be PC until they said they were going to stop making it.

American Express can't PC into Lowes, Costco, or the new MB because of the egreements with those ocmpanies.

Message 3 of 9
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

no... not right wording probably but GE backs the store as the bank but the card is designed for that store...

It's like some credit cards, Chase Starbucks could not be PC until they said they were going to stop making it.

American Express can't PC into Lowes, Costco, or the new MB because of the agreements with those companies.

That would me nice if they would if you qualify for a PC.

Message 4 of 9
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@vollybal wrote:

Hey all just curious if anyone know if GE does product changes? We have a Rooms To GO credit card with a very nice limit but now we moved cross country and there are no rooms to go stores anywhere in the state. Any help would be great!

Thanks!

No, you can't change one GE cc for a different one. You would need to apply for each GE-backed card separately.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 5 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

No. They're kinda strange; when Mervyn's went out of business, they closed all the cards, and didn't offer any cardholders anything.

But if you have a good history with them and low util, you should have no problem getting another GE-backed card. 

Try for one of their dual-cards? They offer VISA for Old Navy, American Eagle, Gap, Banana Republic, etc. And also Discover for their Walmart card. Since you have a nice limit, I say go ahead and just keep the card open. Maybe buy something online once a year to keep it active. 

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Creditaddict wrote:

American Express can't PC into Lowes, Costco, or the new MB because of the egreements with those ocmpanies.

Ok...You said this as if there was an Amex Lowes card.  Is there?  Am I missing something? 

Message 7 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

Ok...You said this as if there was an Amex Lowes card.  Is there?  Am I missing something? 

It looks as if they do? http://www262.americanexpress.com/business-credit-cards/business-card-details/lowes-business-rewards-credit-card

Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Creditaddict wrote:

It looks as if they do? http://www262.americanexpress.com/business-credit-cards/business-card-details/lowes-business-rewards-credit-card

Well I'll be.  Wonder why it doesn't say Lowe's on the card...

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.