Reply
Valued Contributor
juggalo9er
Posts: 1,234
Registered: ‎10-24-2013
0

run around with barclay pc

i currently have the barclay rewards and want to pc to sallie mae. i have called and very politely asked twice now and was very politely told no! i messaged barclay on facebook about pcing and they responded that i would have to apply for the sallie mae to which i responded thats disappointing as capitol one did a pc with absolutely no hassle..what gives should i just call their retention department? i do know the sallie mae requires better scores but they are going to lose a customer over a simple pc that has 5% over 2% on groceries.

the beatings will continue until moral improves Wal-Mart 300 lowes 500 cap 1 3000 Barclay rewards 800 upromise 800
Indiana Members Platinum Visa $10,000 forum credit union mastercard 12,000, forum 7.24% 2,500
closed on home 3/15/2014
Established Contributor
wHiTeSoL
Posts: 1,048
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: run around with barclay pc


juggalo9er wrote:

i currently have the barclay rewards and want to pc to sallie mae. i have called and very politely asked twice now and was very politely told no! i messaged barclay on facebook about pcing and they responded that i would have to apply for the sallie mae to which i responded thats disappointing as capitol one did a pc with absolutely no hassle..what gives should i just call their retention department? i do know the sallie mae requires better scores but they are going to lose a customer over a simple pc that has 5% over 2% on groceries.


You should not expect one company to do something just becuase another one does. 


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Valued Contributor
juggalo9er
Posts: 1,234
Registered: ‎10-24-2013
0

Re: run around with barclay pc


wHiTeSoL wrote:

juggalo9er wrote:

i currently have the barclay rewards and want to pc to sallie mae. i have called and very politely asked twice now and was very politely told no! i messaged barclay on facebook about pcing and they responded that i would have to apply for the sallie mae to which i responded thats disappointing as capitol one did a pc with absolutely no hassle..what gives should i just call their retention department? i do know the sallie mae requires better scores but they are going to lose a customer over a simple pc that has 5% over 2% on groceries.


You should not expect one company to do something just becuase another one does. 


i believe this is the premise that led to the fiing of bankruptcy by general motors....your absolutely right why make a paying customer happy

the beatings will continue until moral improves Wal-Mart 300 lowes 500 cap 1 3000 Barclay rewards 800 upromise 800
Indiana Members Platinum Visa $10,000 forum credit union mastercard 12,000, forum 7.24% 2,500
closed on home 3/15/2014
Established Contributor
wHiTeSoL
Posts: 1,048
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: run around with barclay pc


juggalo9er wrote:

wHiTeSoL wrote:

juggalo9er wrote:

i currently have the barclay rewards and want to pc to sallie mae. i have called and very politely asked twice now and was very politely told no! i messaged barclay on facebook about pcing and they responded that i would have to apply for the sallie mae to which i responded thats disappointing as capitol one did a pc with absolutely no hassle..what gives should i just call their retention department? i do know the sallie mae requires better scores but they are going to lose a customer over a simple pc that has 5% over 2% on groceries.


You should not expect one company to do something just becuase another one does. 


i believe this is the premise that led to the fiing of bankruptcy by general motors....your absolutely right why make a paying customer happy


I think you are going a bit far.


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |

Valued Contributor
juggalo9er
Posts: 1,234
Registered: ‎10-24-2013
0

Re: run around with barclay pc

[ Edited ]

maybe i should ask a diff way...if i app and am denied will barclay split the cl i currently have

 

 

how so...without customers, specificially happy customers that are pleased to do business....any business fails

the beatings will continue until moral improves Wal-Mart 300 lowes 500 cap 1 3000 Barclay rewards 800 upromise 800
Indiana Members Platinum Visa $10,000 forum credit union mastercard 12,000, forum 7.24% 2,500
closed on home 3/15/2014
Valued Contributor
-Wade-
Posts: 12,561
Registered: ‎08-13-2013
0

Re: run around with barclay pc


juggalo9er wrote:

i currently have the barclay rewards and want to pc to sallie mae. i have called and very politely asked twice now and was very politely told no! i messaged barclay on facebook about pcing and they responded that i would have to apply for the sallie mae to which i responded thats disappointing as capitol one did a pc with absolutely no hassle..what gives should i just call their retention department? i do know the sallie mae requires better scores but they are going to lose a customer over a simple pc that has 5% over 2% on groceries.


Most CC companies look at what's in your file before they do anything.

*** Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 806 (04/04/2014) Discover TU Fico - 808 (07/03/2014) myFico EX - 804 ( 07/08/2014 ) ******* Amex - BCP 10 K * Discover - IT 10.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 8.8 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 5 K * Amex - GDSM 5 K ****** FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 806 *** TU 808 *** EX 804 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 830's Scores ******
Valued Contributor
juggalo9er
Posts: 1,234
Registered: ‎10-24-2013
0

Re: run around with barclay pc


Wade64 wrote:

juggalo9er wrote:

i currently have the barclay rewards and want to pc to sallie mae. i have called and very politely asked twice now and was very politely told no! i messaged barclay on facebook about pcing and they responded that i would have to apply for the sallie mae to which i responded thats disappointing as capitol one did a pc with absolutely no hassle..what gives should i just call their retention department? i do know the sallie mae requires better scores but they are going to lose a customer over a simple pc that has 5% over 2% on groceries.


Most CC companies look at what's in your file before they do anything.


ty wade...i guess thats where my complaint stems from i know from my home loan whats in my file and its honestly pretty good considering. i guess my problem is with the 24.99 and fact that the sallie mae fits my spending better. btw i locked in interest rate on house @4% today

the beatings will continue until moral improves Wal-Mart 300 lowes 500 cap 1 3000 Barclay rewards 800 upromise 800
Indiana Members Platinum Visa $10,000 forum credit union mastercard 12,000, forum 7.24% 2,500
closed on home 3/15/2014
Valued Contributor
indiolatino61
Posts: 1,455
Registered: ‎11-10-2012
0

Re: run around with barclay pc


juggalo9er wrote:

Wade64 wrote:

juggalo9er wrote:

i currently have the barclay rewards and want to pc to sallie mae. i have called and very politely asked twice now and was very politely told no! i messaged barclay on facebook about pcing and they responded that i would have to apply for the sallie mae to which i responded thats disappointing as capitol one did a pc with absolutely no hassle..what gives should i just call their retention department? i do know the sallie mae requires better scores but they are going to lose a customer over a simple pc that has 5% over 2% on groceries.


Most CC companies look at what's in your file before they do anything.


ty wade...i guess thats where my complaint stems from i know from my home loan whats in my file and its honestly pretty good considering. i guess my problem is with the 24.99 and fact that the sallie mae fits my spending better. btw i locked in interest rate on house @4% today


4% is a good rate...congrats on the new house.

 photo Logo-CreditCardCollection-DataInclusive_zps191e9096.jpg
Established Contributor
CreditMagic7
Posts: 1,916
Registered: ‎01-04-2014
0

Re: run around with barclay pc

Come on Barclay, get up off the negatives and make for some forward progress. Reputation and customer satisfaction IS EVERYTHING (makes them a little profit too) :smileyhappy:

Best Of Luck on whatever you do.
||
------------------------------------------------------------
It's All In The Magic Of Your Own Destiny
Established Contributor
wHiTeSoL
Posts: 1,048
Registered: ‎07-09-2013
0

Re: run around with barclay pc


wHiTeSoL wrote:

juggalo9er wrote:

wHiTeSoL wrote:

juggalo9er wrote:

i currently have the barclay rewards and want to pc to sallie mae. i have called and very politely asked twice now and was very politely told no! i messaged barclay on facebook about pcing and they responded that i would have to apply for the sallie mae to which i responded thats disappointing as capitol one did a pc with absolutely no hassle..what gives should i just call their retention department? i do know the sallie mae requires better scores but they are going to lose a customer over a simple pc that has 5% over 2% on groceries.


You should not expect one company to do something just becuase another one does. 


i believe this is the premise that led to the fiing of bankruptcy by general motors....your absolutely right why make a paying customer happy


I think you are going a bit far.


I like how you are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say they shouldn't nor did i say i believe one way or the other. I was simply pointing out that just because company A does something doesn't mean company B should do it. Nothing to do with that action being for or against the customer. You already stated you did your part by contacting multiple sources trying to get it done without success, if they are not right for you then by all means find another company that treats you better. 


   3/12 $3500     6/12 $1200      10/12 $1500   12/12 $3400    6/13 $12000      7/13 $5000      7/13 $2500       8/13 $2000    8/13 $6000

  | CSP (AU) $12,000 | Amex PRG (AU) | United $6,000 | OCCU $12,000 | Ink Bold | GM $3,200 | DCU $7500 | Luthansa $9000 | SPG $6,000 | Citi AA Executive $11,000 | Ink Plus $5,000                                                                         | EX 2/7 697 | EQ 10/27 721 | TU 12/15 719 |


myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+