Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

run around with barclay pc

tag
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

run around with barclay pc

i currently have the barclay rewards and want to pc to sallie mae. i have called and very politely asked twice now and was very politely told no! i messaged barclay on facebook about pcing and they responded that i would have to apply for the sallie mae to which i responded thats disappointing as capitol one did a pc with absolutely no hassle..what gives should i just call their retention department? i do know the sallie mae requires better scores but they are going to lose a customer over a simple pc that has 5% over 2% on groceries.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: run around with barclay pc

@juggalo9er wrote:

i currently have the barclay rewards and want to pc to sallie mae. i have called and very politely asked twice now and was very politely told no! i messaged barclay on facebook about pcing and they responded that i would have to apply for the sallie mae to which i responded thats disappointing as capitol one did a pc with absolutely no hassle..what gives should i just call their retention department? i do know the sallie mae requires better scores but they are going to lose a customer over a simple pc that has 5% over 2% on groceries.

You should not expect one company to do something just becuase another one does. 

Message 2 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

You should not expect one company to do something just becuase another one does. 

i believe this is the premise that led to the fiing of bankruptcy by general motors....your absolutely right why make a paying customer happy

Message 3 of 14
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

i believe this is the premise that led to the fiing of bankruptcy by general motors....your absolutely right why make a paying customer happy

I think you are going a bit far.

Message 4 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

maybe i should ask a diff way...if i app and am denied will barclay split the cl i currently have

how so...without customers, specificially happy customers that are pleased to do business....any business fails

Message 5 of 14
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

Most CC companies look at what's in your file before they do anything.

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 14
juggalo9er
Valued Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Anonymous wade...i guess thats where my complaint stems from i know from my home loan whats in my file and its honestly pretty good considering. i guess my problem is with the 24.99 and fact that the sallie mae fits my spending better. btw i locked in interest rate on house @4% today

Message 7 of 14
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Wade64 wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@Anonymous wade...i guess thats where my complaint stems from i know from my home loan whats in my file and its honestly pretty good considering. i guess my problem is with the 24.99 and fact that the sallie mae fits my spending better. btw i locked in interest rate on house @4% today

4% is a good rate...congrats on the new house.

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 8 of 14
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Come on Barclay, get up off the negatives and make for some forward progress. Reputation and customer satisfaction IS EVERYTHING (makes them a little profit too) Smiley Happy

Best Of Luck on whatever you do.
Message 9 of 14
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@juggalo9er wrote:

I think you are going a bit far.

I like how you are putting words in my mouth. I didn't say they shouldn't nor did i say i believe one way or the other. I was simply pointing out that just because company A does something doesn't mean company B should do it. Nothing to do with that action being for or against the customer. You already stated you did your part by contacting multiple sources trying to get it done without success, if they are not right for you then by all means find another company that treats you better. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.