Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(sallie mae) Which stores/sites are considered book store for 5% cash back

tag
Stanic413
Regular Contributor

Re: (sallie mae) Which stores/sites are considered book store for 5% cash back

@Anonymous wrote:
Read a post somewhere on this site(?) that mentioned the Super Walmarts were coded as "Grocery" but the other Walmarts were not. My personal experiences are unknown.

When I shop at WalMart, it's only Super WalMart.  Never once has it been coded at grocery. 

18k10k7.6k10k10k5k5.6k1.7k2k
Federal CU PLOC: $5k
Scores, Dec. 2014- TU: 755 EX: 763 EQ: 757
Last App: 12/8/14. In the garden until Jan 2016, getting "mortgage" ready.
Message 11 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Bman70 wrote:

Thanks Lurker, hey why is your Sallie not in your most active cards but your QS is?

Groceries go on my Blue Cash, gas mainly on there or Freedom. , Amazon isn't a big spend but I usually use my Forward, so very little goes on the Sallie Mae.  My wife and I each got a Sallie Mae before we knew the Blue Cash was available.  Had we known, probably wouldn't have got it.  But I still think it's a great card, just not so useful to me at present!

ETA: And outside reward categories, I use Fidelity Amex if Amex is accepted, otherwise QS, so those three are the most heavily used

Message 12 of 14
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

I still don't understand how blue cash is better than sallie mae

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 13 of 14
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:
I still don't understand how blue cash is better than sallie mae

It simply depends on your spend.   If your spending is within the Sallie Mae caps, you are getting 5% on everything.   However, if you spend a lot more, you get 5% on the first $250 per month, and 1% on the rest.  Once you spend $6500 (on anything) per year, Blue Cash gives 5% on gas and groceries without a limit.

Briefly, SM is always better for rewards than BCE, there is a fairly narrow band where the BCP will give back more, even after the annual fee, and if you spend enough, the Blue Cash is best.   

Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.