cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sams club AND walmart cards...can I get both?

tag
beautybrainsbooty
Regular Contributor

sams club AND walmart cards...can I get both?

or is it better just to use my Wally at Sams? Seems like I should be able to have both but I don't know how the internal workings go between the two. Thoughts??

started mid 500's. Disputed incorrect items and within a month or two my scores have skyrocketed and continue to do so
EQ: 755 as of 8/2013
TU: 700
Experian(or as I call them, the devil) I have no clue, they haven't released my report
Goal=801 across the board!!! Not too far from this, hoping to garden until Christmas 2013
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Re: sams club AND walmart cards...can I get both?

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

or is it better just to use my Wally at Sams? Seems like I should be able to have both but I don't know how the internal workings go between the two. Thoughts??

You can get both but why bother? If you have a Wamart card already...you don't need the Sams card since you can use the Discover verison at both. Sam's doesn't offer free FICO so I'd just stick with Walmart.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 2 of 9
orl22
New Contributor

I have both discover version of these card. The Walmart has a $2500 limit and the Sam's has a $10,500 limit. Their interfaces are the same. Only difference is there no Fico on Sam's.  The good thing is they print your picture on the Sam's card so it acts as you membership card as well as a credit card. So one less card I have to carry. 

Message 3 of 9
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@maiden_girl wrote:

@beautybrainsbooty wrote:

You can get both but why bother? If you have a Wamart card already...you don't need the Sams card since you can use the Discover verison at both. Sam's doesn't offer free FICO so I'd just stick with Walmart.

You can use the store version at both sam's and walmart as well, not just the discover version. 

Message 4 of 9
nicholasyud
Valued Contributor

haha

Starting Score: 560
Current Score: ?
Goal Score: 800
Message 5 of 9
snowkitty
Established Contributor

I have both a walmart store card and a sams discover. I got walmart first and then sams. Sams gave me a higher limit. I shop at both places ALOT. Both my limits are kinda low and since I am constantly in both stores, it gives me better utilization and lets me spread money around.
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 6 of 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Agree with the above... But from what Ive seen on here, Sam's Club seems to allow higher limits...
So if:
A. You want to build more cred
B. You want to possibly lower util
C. You have a HP and AAoA to lower

Then:
D. Dooooo itttttt tooo ittttt hahaha!! :-D
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@orl22 wrote:

I have both discover version of these card. The Walmart has a $2500 limit and the Sam's has a $10,500 limit. Their interfaces are the same. Only difference is there no Fico on Sam's.  The good thing is they print your picture on the Sam's card so it acts as you membership card as well as a credit card. So one less card I have to carry. 

I think this supports that SAMS gives WAY Larger Limits

This was the case for me Business too!

I had $3-$4k Walmart

$7800 Sams I think... both only store (Walmart Business didn't offer Discover, but Sams Business offered Discover but I was told that you usually can not get it without PG but they would always then give me a CLI on the store to passify me on not giving me upgrade to Discover... Then I had a underwriter that was review another upgrade app to discover and he couldn't believe the limit I had on store and told me they were not allowed to give lines over something like $4k or something without PG... 20 minutes later HE ALSO gave me a CLI on just store card because he coudln't give me Discover!! of course this was way back when too but i thought it was funny....

the front desk ladies new me and always just laughed because i would do it at desk, had to apply in store.. would get instant denial and whip out my cell and hit the programmed underwriting department and got shopping and then on my way out i would swing by and be like CLI to $4600, $5800, etc. really don't remember exact numbers but it was funny to them and me... I always got at least something out of it! they just didn't know how, one would be like i can't even get them to do stuff when i call for customers!

Message 8 of 9
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

I have both. I was instantly approved in Sam's club for 4k and I applied online for Walmart soon after and got approved for $1,600.00 after I called in to check the status of the application. Both are Discover cards and in my case the Sam's card has a significantly higher limit than the walmart card.
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.