Valued Member
southsidefab

sams club

I went to sams club yesterday to get a new business membership and was told i was pre approved for 1,000 credit line, the only thing the clerk did was put my drivers license # into the computer. Anybody else have this happen.
Moderator Emeritus
psychic

Re: sams club

That happened to me 6 or 7 years ago when I applied for an individual membership.  After entering my personal information into the computer, the customer service representative informed me I was preapproved for a Sam's Club Discover card with a credit limit of $14,XXX (I believe the credit limits offered on the preapproved Discover card are much higher than those offered on the regular store-only Sam's Club credit card).

Periodically, at the registers, a cashier will inform you that you've been preapproved for either a Sam's Club Discover or Sam's Club regular credit card. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Valued Contributor
MrShush

Yep, this happened to me last May. Preapproved at checkout for a Discover with a $4400 limit. CLI in December '09 to $5400. I don't know what scores are needed or how tight they are. Rates aren't great, but if someone is going to offer credit these days, I'm going to take it.
Super Contributor
marty56

Sams is a great card.  Forget the IR and just PIF.  You can use it at Walmart and you get disocunts on gas and 0% interest on purchase promotions as well.  Mine started at 300 and is now 4400.  Never asked for a CLI.  Only down side is that GEMB tends to be slow to report 0% util.
09/12/2013 FICO: EQ: 772 EX:813 TU:752

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+