Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sams club

tag
southsidefab
Valued Member

sams club

I went to sams club yesterday to get a new business membership and was told i was pre approved for 1,000 credit line, the only thing the clerk did was put my drivers license # into the computer. Anybody else have this happen.
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
psychic
Moderator Emeritus

Re: sams club

That happened to me 6 or 7 years ago when I applied for an individual membership.  After entering my personal information into the computer, the customer service representative informed me I was preapproved for a Sam's Club Discover card with a credit limit of $14,XXX (I believe the credit limits offered on the preapproved Discover card are much higher than those offered on the regular store-only Sam's Club credit card).

Periodically, at the registers, a cashier will inform you that you've been preapproved for either a Sam's Club Discover or Sam's Club regular credit card. 

EQ 814 / TU 815 / EX 842
Message 2 of 4
MrShush
Valued Contributor

Yep, this happened to me last May. Preapproved at checkout for a Discover with a $4400 limit. CLI in December '09 to $5400. I don't know what scores are needed or how tight they are. Rates aren't great, but if someone is going to offer credit these days, I'm going to take it.
Message 3 of 4
marty56
Super Contributor

Sams is a great card.  Forget the IR and just PIF.  You can use it at Walmart and you get disocunts on gas and 0% interest on purchase promotions as well.  Mine started at 300 and is now 4400.  Never asked for a CLI.  Only down side is that GEMB tends to be slow to report 0% util.
1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.