Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sapphire vs freedom

tag
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

sapphire vs freedom

Why are these two cards everyone wants and if one has csp and gets bonus can they redeem it for stuff other then travel
AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 1 of 44
43 REPLIES 43
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: sapphire vs freedom

@afbar1114 wrote:
Why are these two cards everyone wants and if one has csp and gets bonus can they redeem it for stuff other then travel

CSP + Freedom + Chase Checking is probably the best combination of rewards offered by anyone right now.  

Message 2 of 44
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

Basicaly having both the Freedom and the Sapphire(Preferred) will cover all the cash back bonuses. They both share the same bonus program so you can transfer points from the Freedom to the CSP. If you redeem your points through their travel partners, you get an extra 25%. 

Also, having a checking acct adds even more perks.

If you have all three, you get:

Freedom- up to 5% cash back, 10 points per transaction(no minimum), 10% bonus on your yearly earned points

CSP- up to 2% on dining and travel, 7% bonus on your yearly earned points, 25% bonus on points if you spend at their partners.

Awesome combo, I want it. 

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 3 of 44
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

Basicaly having both the Freedom and the Sapphire(Preferred) will cover all the cash back bonuses. They both share the same bonus program so you can transfer points from the Freedom to the CSP. If you redeem your points through their travel partners, you get an extra 25%. 

Freedom- up to 5% cash back, 10 points per transaction(no minimum), 10% bonus on your yearly earned points

CSP- up to 2% on dining and travel, 7% bonus on your yearly earned points, 25% bonus on points if you spend at their partners.

I want it too. It's even worse that I work for Chase and I don't have it. My credit isn't where it needs to be, but someday I'll have this combo.

Message 4 of 44
Open123
Super Contributor

@SwiftTone wrote:

CSP- up to 2% on dining and travel, 7% bonus on your yearly earned points. 

Yeah, me too.

At some point, I'm going to app for the Freedom and sign up for a Chase checking.  Running small "non accelerated" rewards expenses through the Freedom for the UR program offers a nice boost, not to mention the 5% rotating categories.  

Message 5 of 44
Anonymous
Not applicable

I agree. I wish i had rolled with the freedom as opposed to the bce, just for the rewards link.
Message 6 of 44
Open123
Super Contributor

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

I want it too. It's even worse that I work for Chase and I don't have it. My credit isn't where it needs to be, but someday I'll have this combo.

Really?  You'd imagine Chase would make an exception for one of their own.

I haven't opened up a new deposit account in 10 years, and never thought I ever would again.  Now, I will definitely move over some personal stuff to Chase because of this deal.

Message 7 of 44
Open123
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I agree. I wish i had rolled with the freedom as opposed to the bce, just for the rewards link.

Right, with this combo, no reason to use my BCE anymore, really.

Message 8 of 44
SwiftTone
Valued Contributor

I actually applied for a CSP about 40 days ago. Got the "needs further reivew" msg. Called backdoor immediately and they reviewed my app. Said although my history looks good, and my lates from 2+ year ago that theyre not worried about, they couldn't approve me because I had no "similar credit lines". grrr

Called again a couple days late on a weekday(maybe the weekend warriors are grumpy), and they gave me the same reason.

Called a 3rd when I recieved the denial letter. The guy mentions that I already called twice, but he "will look again". Said I had too many inquires(2 in the last 12 months, 1 is from landlord), and I had lates and started naming them off starting from 2005(**bleep**). The guy was kind of a jerk, unlike the other 2.

Anyways I gave up.

What did I get out of all this? A HP? Sure. But I also get 3 free EX credit reports due to adverse action lol.

I just got approved for Discover More an hour ago for $3500. I will apply for CSP again in a few months. 

AMEX: $25,000, CSR: $10,000, Chase Priority Club: $1,500, Freedom: $5000, Freedom Unlimited: $1000, Discover: $21,000, BoA $11,000, WF Cash Wise: $5000

EQ FICO - 753
TU FICO - 755
EX FICO(AMEX) - 766
Message 9 of 44
SamsungHDTV
Established Contributor

@Open123 wrote:

@SamsungHDTV wrote:

@SwiftTone wrote:

Really?  You'd imagine Chase would make an exception for one of their own.

I haven't opened up a new deposit account in 10 years, and never thought I ever would again.  Now, I will definitely move over some personal stuff to Chase because of this deal.

They actually do special consideration for us Chase employees. I think I'm just afraid my scores are too low to get approved even with special consideration. 

Message 10 of 44
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.