cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sara and me fell out of the garden! damn!

tag
swpopham
Established Contributor

sara and me fell out of the garden! damn!

Well she wanted a new necklace and we went to jareds... (gonna use the 3 month 0% offer we got in the mail) and I notice they had credit line decreased her for not using her line. mine was at 6800 with 400 left on my last watch. hers was at 12k we went to pay and the lady said she would have to call in for approval? huh?? she said your spending 3400 and your credit line is 2900..... I said there must be a mistake hers is double mine. nope, she called they wanted to pull all 3 reports on her. .I said no... put her at 20k and put me at 10k or close the accounts.. the sales lady went back and forth with me and the credit department on the phone. I told her again up mine to 10k and hers to 20k or close them... Sir you owe us 400 dollars. Okay Ill pay that right now CLOSE THEM NOW!!! but....but.. nope CLOSE them now. So your still going to buy the necklace? Nope, as we were leaving the store we cost them about 4 sales lol, went to Ben Bridge and they auto approved us as a joint account for 15k limit... But all CRA's are now frozen Garden Round 5 Day 1

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
starry1
Valued Contributor

Re: sara and me fell out of the garden! damn!

Jareds wasn't really worth it anyway.  Ben Bridge has much nicer quality stuff.  Congrats and see you in the garden.

Which bank is Ben Bridge anyway?

Starting Score: 11/29/12 TU 527; EQ 565; EX 564 fako - bk7 dc'd 2/15/13
Current Score: 1/22/15 TU 645; EQ 605; EX 633 New goal 675
Cap1 sec $1k (SD) / Fingerhut $2k / Flagship $12k / cashRewards $12k / NavChek $15k / Amazon $2k / Von Maur $1k / Firestone $2.2k / BCU $3k / NFL $1k / QS1 $750 / Target $400 / PPSC $800 / Conoco $700 (last app 09/29/14)
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

your still welcome in the garden 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
swpopham
Established Contributor

they finance their self.. They are owned by birckshire hathaway..

"As long as the music is playing, you've got to get up and dance," he said. "We're still dancing."---Prince CEO Citi Bank

"Money isn't the most important thing in life, but it's reasonably close to oxygen on the "gotta have it" scale". ~Zig Ziglar
Message 4 of 11
jdirilo
Frequent Contributor

I wanted a new necklace....I got one for $3.50 at forever 21. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 11
londonhogfan
Contributor

Good for you.

If they aren't going to keep your credit limit where it was they should at least call or write you about it.

I found out last year that I've had 3 different Kays credit lines in the last 10 years. They just keep closing and opening new accounts. I'll never buy another thing from them.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 6 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Berkshire Hathaway is Warren Buffet; he's a great guy!
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 7 of 11
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I'm picturing the look on their faces when you closed the accounts.

Priceless! 😏
Message 8 of 11
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

+1. I wonder which one was the best. The fact you didnt make a purchase or the fact you closed the acct

Message 9 of 11
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Lol it sucks when stuff like that happens. Oh well, that happened to me once at Neiman Marcus, and I just closed my account. How rediculous they are
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.