smonstarr

score down after two new accounts open

Hi everyone! 

I have worked really hard over the past two years to improve my credit. I am proud to say that my efforts have paid off! I went from 536 in 2009 to 745 in 2012. I renently opened two new credit card accounts and my score dropped to 724. One of the new cards is a Citi Simplicity with a 7400 CL and the other an Amazon Chase Rewards Card with a CL of 1700.

I am guessing it's the two inquiries as well as the  the shorter average age of my accounts that is the biggest factor in the drop. I am satisfied with my current credit situation and will not be applying for new credit any time soon. My payment history is 100% positive and I will keep it that way.

Is there a way for me to guage how long it might take to see my score recover those points? 

Thanks so much!

Established Contributor
Cdnewmanpac

Re: score down after two new accounts open

You will lose most of the impact from inquiries in 6 months and all within a year. AAoA depends on how much it changed. For example, if you went from 7 years to 6 years 11 months, fico will round that down, but you would gain back the points in a month. If it dropped you by several years, it could take a while to fully regain. But even then, good yay ent history will likely offset within a year. 

In wallet: Ink Plus 10k, AMEX TE 25k. In bag: CSP 16k, USAA WMC 15k, Hyatt 13k, United MPE 12k, AMEX HHonors 3k. In SD: Cap 1 QS 5k, Discover IT 7k. FICO 08 says my EQ is now 844, was 510 in 2010.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+