Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score has sky rocketed.. what now?

tag
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: score has sky rocketed.. what now?

Chase wants to see rev history not score. You are certainly free to try again to recon but if its been more than a month it will be another H P.
Message 11 of 17
cck5
Established Member

ok ill hold off. and captial one just told me i have an a...

ok ill hold off. and captial one just told me i have an auto cli to hit in january that will bump me up to 750. according to some 7 step plan. so thats good news. i guess ill just wait 6-8 months to try again with chase and amex.

Message 12 of 17
Shogun
Moderator Emeritus

Re: ok ill hold off. and captial one just told me i have an a...

@cck5 wrote:

ok ill hold off. and captial one just told me i have an auto cli to hit in january that will bump me up to 750. according to some 7 step plan. so thats good news. i guess ill just wait 6-8 months to try again with chase and amex.

Your scores are doing good.  You need some gardening time.  This time last year, I had $0 revolving accounts.  I got a Walmart card then a Lowes card, both low limits and let them garden for a bit.  Then I got a Barclays NFL card a couple months later.  I let them "ferment" for awhile, then the offers came pouring in.  I'm sitting at around $85K right now in CLs.  Just give it some time and garden your CR well.  

Starting Score: 504
July 2013 score:
EQ FICO 819, TU08 778, EX "806 lender pull 07/26/2013
Goal Score: All Scores 760+, Newest goal 800+
Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Current scores after adding $81K in CLs and 2 new cars since July 2013
EQ:809 TU 777 EX 790 Now it's just garden time!

June 2017 update: All scores over 820, just pure gardening now.
Message 13 of 17
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@cck5 wrote:

Your scores are doing good.  You need some gardening time.  This time last year, I had $0 revolving accounts.  I got a Walmart card then a Lowes card, both low limits and let them garden for a bit.  Then I got a Barclays NFL card a couple months later.  I let them "ferment" for awhile, then the offers came pouring in.  I'm sitting at around $85K right now in CLs.  Just give it some time and garden your CR well.  

+1 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 14 of 17
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

@Shogun wrote:

@cck5 wrote:

that's a serious accomplish, Shogun! wow! wish i can get to half of your CL in a year...lol..and +1!

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 15 of 17
azguy13
Senior Contributor

@djc1puno wrote:

@Shogun wrote:

@cck5 wrote:

that's a serious accomplish, Shogun! wow! wish i can get to half of your CL in a year...lol..and +1!

You can! Just take it a step at a time like Shogun!

Message 16 of 17
gijoe4500
Regular Contributor

If you are looking for higher limits, have you considered a GE card?  I personally am a huge fan of the Paypal card.  It has pretty decent rewards and is an easy card to get.  Within a year, I went from a $2k starting limit, to a $10k limit, and i'm due up for another CLI this coming month.  Did the math, and if I do cash back, gas is 2.5% cash back.  if I get their special of the month gift card, its 3% cash back.

Starting Score: MyFico TU: 621 EQ: 610
Current Score: Discover TU: 829 Discover EX: 827
Goal Score: 700's baby! (made it 4/10/2013!)
New Goal: 830!!
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.