cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

score needed for B of A secured? I was denied!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: score needed for B of A secured? I was denied!

I was denied today. I had gotten a pre approval in mail for a card with an opening balance anywhere between 500 & 15,000. I tried to apply with the pre aproval # and it wouldnt work so It gave me the option to apply without the pre aproval # which I did. Well the status was it was being reviwed & they pulled ex on 7-24 then transunion yesterday & I called to check the status & it was DENIED!!   My scores are equifax 711, experian 684 & transunion somewhere around 660. Sooo go figure????No recent badies & have an unsecured with wamu with 2000 limit already.
Message 11 of 21
Bella1980
Established Contributor

creditreformer wrote:

Mine was mid 500s, a fairly serious baddie (unpaid tax lien- but it’s old- 2003), several lates (more than I can count offhand), messed up student loans, 2 charged off ccs, etc.  on the + side, I had other ccs (orchards, first premiers) opened for 1 yr and had not had any baddies since 03.  applied for platinum plus and got the 99/500 counteroffer.  Can’t wait for it to unsecure b/c it will put me back in prime land- and the land of 4 digit CLs.

was it offered online or in a letter?

Starting Score: TU- 682, EQ- 698, EX- 713
Current Score: TU- 723, EQ- 747, EX- 737
Goal Score: 760 PLUS FICO's

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 12 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bella1980 wrote:
I know.....I wasn't sure if the op had been offered that card as you can still get denied for it even after they offer it.

I've never heard of that happening on the 99/500 card.

Message 13 of 21
Bella1980
Established Contributor

Really?

I read that on the darkside board....and they were bitching and moaning.....maybe thats why they are the darkside (not as reliable?)

Message 14 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Bella1980 wrote:
Really?

I read that on the darkside board....and they were bitching and moaning.....maybe thats why they are the darkside (not as reliable?)

Well, maybe.  Or it could be true.  I'm not doubting the veracity of your statement.  Just saying I've never heard of it myself. Smiley Happy

Edited to insert the word "not," which I inadvertantly left out.  What a difference a word makes.

Message Edited by cheddar on 08-09-2008 09:05 PM
Message 15 of 21
Bella1980
Established Contributor

LMAO, I was like What??? haha.

But I did a search here and at the darkside...this is what I found here:

mymy
Valued Contributor

mymy

Message 34 of 38

Viewed 869 times

I applied for the 99/500 card w/ BOA in MAY I was declined but offered me a secured card i sent the online app with a check for $1000. i made the mistake of using my PO box instead of a physical address...that sent my application into a 90+ day loop of requesting additional supportive documentation and deposit checks.

first they wanted another check because the first one was "destroyed", then they wanted a copy of a utility bill as proof of residence. then they requested a copy of photo ID to prove date of birth and to bring it to a local branch office to verify (local branch office NEVER heard of this and I had to walk them through the process), then they requested a third check because the second one was also "destroyed". bottom line i finally received my card FED-EX August 30. the ONLY reason I stuck with it is that they did THREE HARD PULLS on my CR. so I was determined to get through it! NEVER USE A PO BOX AS THE MAILING ADDRESS!!!!! do I sound bitter?
09-29-2007 05:34 AM   Reply   Reply  
Re: BoA 99/500   [ NEW ] Options    Options   EddieX
Valued Contributor

EddieX

Message 35 of 38

Viewed 555 times

December 1 - applied for the big boy platinum card (inquiry)
December 5 - get the rejection letter and an offer for the little kiddie card
December 5 - sent the application back with the $99 thinking it was a guarantee
December 17 - notice another inquiry from BoA and no $99 leaving my account
December 18 - called BoA to see what was going on and was told I'd get a letter, asked why but the person on the other end seemed to be reading off a screen and did not speak much English, they didn't understand anything I asked and repeated that I would get a letter

Message 16 of 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting, Bella.  Thanks for that.

Now we know. Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 21
Bella1980
Established Contributor

I was soo sure that I read it somewhere...but I know you can't always believe what you read.

Gosh, I need to go to the grocery store and get some english muffins but am too addicted to reading this site to move my butt, lol.

Message 18 of 21
creditreformer
Frequent Contributor

hmm, i'm not slick enough to quote your reply bella, so here's my answer:

BA 99/500 offer popped up immediately online and then was emailed to me.  however, denial for platinum plus letter (received AFTER I already sent the $ for the 99/500) only had the offer for the regular secured.  Created a bit of a glitch w/BA (ex., cc arrived w/a 100 CL lol), but in the end, all was solved and I got the 99/500.  have had it since late 4/08- ficos have risen 100+ points since applying/getting the cc (though that�s probably due to some old lates falling off, accts aging, getting other ccs like cap 1, hooters, and target).  when BA unsecures, the expected CLI will allow me to dump the last of my subprime ccs (orchard), so i'm so thankful i got it.

I burned BA on 2 ccs in my younger/dumber years, but those unpaid chargeoffs had been off my reports for 2-3 years, so apparently BA doesn�t have the memory of an elephant like amex.  

btw, check out us bank, wells fargo, or citibank for other good secured ccs that graduate.

Message 19 of 21
Tons_of_Debt
Established Contributor

I have terrible scores (as you can see from my sig line) and was overlimit on an unsecured BofA HOWEVER I had a few thousand in a BofA savings when applying for the card last Friday... I just got the card yesterday, so it's a pretty quick turnaround *if* you are approved.
08/01/2008 - 472 EQ; 523 TU; 454 EX
03/01/2009 - 574 EQ
08/08/2009 - 648 EQ
01/27/2010 - 671 EQ
07/04/2010 - 713 EQ
01/05/2011 - 730 EQ
05/14/16 - 762 EX
Message 20 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.