Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secured card -> Orchard or Citibank?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

secured card -> Orchard or Citibank?

I currently have a Citibank checking account which I am very pleased with, what are the chances that I will be approved for a secured card. My fico is 600 with several past dues and a student loan collections in rehabilitation. Are they more lenient because it is a secured card? I have however been approved for a secured card by Orchard Bank.
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: secured card -> Orchard or Citibank?

i would try bank of america. app for the plat you may be countered w/a partil 99/500 or fully secured card, natioanl city, or citi bank in that order.

the boa will graduate and usually cli to unsecured in 9 months to a year. there's conflicting reports about nat city unsecuring, but if there's a chance i would pursue it, and any in with citi is a good thing.

good luck!
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would but I have a bank of america CO from 2002 that I am currently in the process of attempting to PFD with. I'm sure bofa would deny because of this. what do you think?
Message 3 of 6
topazgrrl

I disagree with trying for the BOA. I reported about a month ago that I was turned down for BOA, despite having the $300 deposit, a job, and credit of 621. Plus I had a history of paying well on my car loan. I was denied anyway.

Don't take the chance. I also got cut a break from Orchard Bank, whose reps were very nice and got unsecured for 500.

If you still want to go BOA, try a soft pull with their pre-approval. That should tell you whether they would be willing to budge.
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

With the denials you were describing on the other thread, I wouldn't risk app'ing again until you have some months of positive reporting on the Orchard. After 3-6 months, you'd have better chances with the BofA secured. I don't know that BofA does this, but many cards make you wait 6 months after a denial before trying again.

How recent were your lates, on how many different accounts, and how bad were they? And what are your three FICO scores? There are an awful lot of CCC's who will deny for recent lates, even with high scores. I'm still waiting for my last 30-day to go over 1 year.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

i see your point. well nat city pulls tu, citi pulls eq for me, and boa pulls ex. so you may be able to do all 3 at some point.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.