Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secured card to build good credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

secured card to build good credit?

Does anyone know of a secured card that does not pull credit and reports to all 3 bureas?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: secured card to build good credit?

you can't get a credit card without one credit pull.
Message 2 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

dah wrote:
Does anyone know of a secured card that does not pull credit and reports to all 3 bureas?

If you want credit, you have to accept that this will be reported, via a credit pull (hard inquiry). That's the whole purpose of inqs.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

OK...just wondering......thank you. Im in the process of buying a home. My lender asked me to get at least two secured cards. The two pulls....would they hurt before the cards help?
Message 4 of 5
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

If you don't have any current open revolving (= credit cards) credit at all, you will probably not be penalized for seeking new credit. The FICO scoring formula *wants* you to have some revolving in there.

Have you had revolving credit, i.e., credit cards in the past? If so, which banks? Did you ever "burn" them/ --charge-off, bankruptcy, settled for less than agreed.

I would get with a local credit union that offers CC's right away. They are the most reasonable about working with new creditors. If you absolutely must go with a secured card from a bank instead, look at Bank of America and Orchard.

If you're willing, you can post a summary of your current credit here, and you will get lots of advice (wanted or no, lol.) Post the info from screen 2 of the FICO EQ and TU reports, along with the Credit-at-a-Glance screen.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.