dah
New Visitor
dah

secured card to build good credit?

Does anyone know of a secured card that does not pull credit and reports to all 3 bureas?
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: secured card to build good credit?

you can't get a credit card without one credit pull.
Fico Scores: EQ- 626 Overstck., TU 696 Walmart, EX 695 Chase (11-05-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
66 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

dah wrote:
Does anyone know of a secured card that does not pull credit and reports to all 3 bureas?

If you want credit, you have to accept that this will be reported, via a credit pull (hard inquiry). That's the whole purpose of inqs.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
dah
New Visitor
dah

OK...just wondering......thank you. Im in the process of buying a home. My lender asked me to get at least two secured cards. The two pulls....would they hurt before the cards help?
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

If you don't have any current open revolving (= credit cards) credit at all, you will probably not be penalized for seeking new credit. The FICO scoring formula *wants* you to have some revolving in there.

Have you had revolving credit, i.e., credit cards in the past? If so, which banks? Did you ever "burn" them/ --charge-off, bankruptcy, settled for less than agreed.

I would get with a local credit union that offers CC's right away. They are the most reasonable about working with new creditors. If you absolutely must go with a secured card from a bank instead, look at Bank of America and Orchard.

If you're willing, you can post a summary of your current credit here, and you will get lots of advice (wanted or no, lol.) Post the info from screen 2 of the FICO EQ and TU reports, along with the Credit-at-a-Glance screen.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}