Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secured cards to unsecured cards & timing

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

secured cards to unsecured cards & timing

My Transunion is like 675, my experian is 740 and equifax is iike 664.  i have a secured credit with a $200 limit that Ive had for 2.5 years and $300 secured card that Ive had 6 months. i also just got a car through Audi financial in March of the is year.. The car seems to be having a positive impact on my Ficos. When can I transition to an iunsecured card so that I can start getting real credit limits etc?

5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: secured cards to unsecured cards & timing

If you've never been late on your cards and you have verifiable income, you should be fine to get a card immediately. Use the pre-qual sites to see what matches for you: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Credit-Card-Pre-Qualification-Links/td-p/49...

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who are the secured cards with?

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

What is your utilization?
I would PIF one card, leave $10 on the other, let them both report to the CRA and then I would pick up some unsecured cards.
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

How do these pre-quals work? Sorry, Im a novice. i can fill out all of these pre-qual forms and then I pick the best one??? the sites  say these prequals dont affect credit...is that true? I was eyeing Merrick. Do you guys know which bureau it looks at? On Transunion my score is 675. I have 1 negative from 4 years ago. It wasnt a credit card, it was a hospital bill. It doesnt show up on Experian at all which is why that score is 746. Your wisdom on this is appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 6
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

How do these pre-quals work? Your credit record is put up against a set of things the creditor is looking for if you match it then you are given a pre qual. Sorry, Im a novice. i can fill out all of these pre-qual forms and then I pick the best one??? You pick the best that is closest to your goal for the card. the sites  say these prequals dont affect credit...is that true? Yes I was eyeing Merrick. Do you guys know which bureau it looks at? On Transunion my score is 675. I have 1 negative from 4 years ago. It wasnt a credit card, it was a hospital bill. It doesnt show up on Experian at all which is why that score is 746. Your wisdom on this is appreciated Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.