Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

secured credit card

tag
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: secured credit card

@netsfan549 wrote:
Three of my cc went to collection. I paid all three of them off. I'm in the process to see if they removed it out of my credit history. I have one cc capital one secured card. I had it for a year. I haven't notice much of a credit score jump. Credit karma says its at 575. usaa says 555.

How much is deposit and CL on Captial One?

Message 11 of 22
Crashem
Valued Contributor

I like SDFCU secured card product better.  It doesn't graduate per say.  But supposedly when you qualify for unsecured card, they "transfer" the account.  But unclear if transfer means new unsecured card shows secured card open date or what.  No AF, low APR, up to 100k credit line, rewards, etc. 

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 12 of 22
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@Crashem wrote:

I like SDFCU secured card product better.  It doesn't graduate per say.  But supposedly when you qualify for unsecured card, they "transfer" the account.  But unclear if transfer means new unsecured card shows secured card open date or what.  No AF, low APR, up to 100k credit line, rewards, etc. 

State Department FCU? 

Hadn't heard of them before now, but their website looks decent compared to most CU's.  I tend to not worry about AF's as they cost me less than a nice date, and with the BOFA account you get the web interface par excellance; however, the downside of course is it's BOFA... but that's about the only one and their credit cards have never been an issue for me except when I did something stupid.  Unlike their checking account which annoys the hell out of me every 3 months lately.

        
Message 13 of 22
Crashem
Valued Contributor

Yes State Department FCU.

LIMITS IN CARD DESCRIPTIONS
Message 14 of 22
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

Where can I apply for state department one?

Capital one has 300 limit
I just applied for another Capital one cc. I got approved 300 cl. No apr till next year. Should I apply for a third cc?
Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@netsfan549 wrote:
Three of my cc went to collection. I paid all three of them off. I'm in the process to see if they removed it out of my credit history. I have one cc capital one secured card. I had it for a year. I haven't notice much of a credit score jump. Credit karma says its at 575. usaa says 555.

If these have a good chance of comming off (i.e. have you already sent GW letters, etc), then I'd presonally wait until that happened and apply for better (and unsecured) cards in general. Then, if they don't come off, go for one of the cards recommended here.

Message 16 of 22
sjt
Senior Contributor

@Crashem wrote:

+ 1

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 17 of 22
netsfan549
Regular Contributor

Can I apply for state department online?
Message 18 of 22
rootpooty
Valued Contributor

Are you eligible for NFCU?
NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I personally would wait. Now you have your Cap 1 put work into cleaning up your current report of any baddies

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.