cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

seems like discover is taking back what was not supposed to be mine..

tag
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

Re: seems like discover is taking back what was not supposed to be mine..

Lol it's a huge negative.. Not putting it here because I don't want to scare people or hear any one said holy $hit

In sequence of approval, Last app/inquiry 5/30/2015
Message 31 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

If it is more than you would make maxing out 2 quarters, SD it and transfer a balance to it once a year.
Message 32 of 52
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

It's more than that lol... But if I SD I would not be able to use the shopping portal (which I have to admit is very nice to use) anymore

Message 33 of 52
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@Christina_xyt wrote:
Lol it's a huge negative.. Not putting it here because I don't want to scare people or hear any one said holy $hit

Maybe call and ask for a detailed breakdown? I would explain to a supervisor that you goofed using a 0 apr offer and didn't remember you had to use your discover card.

It'd be worth to see the results, if they were going to close you, your card would already be blocked, and it's clear they already know. They might just set your rewards balance to 0.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 34 of 52
14Fiesta
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Im not talking about closing the account.

Use it no longer for purchases, Only use forBTs and WallyCashOver

Okay, but then it's useless for the 5% categories, and DD, which is the reason to worry about keeping it open in the first place. If say you are $20 in the red rewards wise, go buy 4 $500 Picasso prints. With the art dealer fee of $5.95, you lose $0.95 per painting, but dig yourself out of the rewards hole by $5.00. So buy losing $3.80 you get rid of the rewards black hole and make your card usable again, which IMO is a small price to pay since your actions got you in this situation in the first place. Smiley Happy

EDIT: OP owes alot, so she will have to buy the whole warehouse in her situation Smiley Tongue

EX FICO (AMEX): 728 (4/29/17) | TU FICO (Discover): 737 (4/7/17) | EQ FICO (Citi): 746 (3/28/17)
Message 35 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 for sure.

Let us know results OP.

Message 36 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Fiesta.

Dont know where you are getting your Picasso prints, But back home they are $200 and import tax is $6.95 Smiley Indifferent
Message 37 of 52
Christina_xyt
Established Contributor

@longtime_lurker wrote:

@Christina_xyt wrote:

Maybe call and ask for a detailed breakdown? I would explain to a supervisor that you goofed using a 0 apr offer and didn't remember you had to use your discover card.

It'd be worth to see the results, if they were going to close you, your card would already be blocked, and it's clear they already know. They might just set your rewards balance to 0.

It's not just not using discover.. I think it's the items not qualified for the bonus too. Desktops laptops.. But they still gave it out so maybe now they took it back.. I do want to know every detail and order of it though.. Not sure asking for details (not saying to try to get it back just want to know what exactly happened to avoid it in the future since honestly, I am just guessing this was the reason the bonus were charged back) would irritate them to close my account ??

Message 38 of 52
Anonymous
Not applicable

Who knows.

Just keep your account in good standing.
Message 39 of 52
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
@Fiesta.

Dont know where you are getting your Picasso prints, But back home they are $200 and import tax is $6.95 Smiley Indifferent

That's is you buy them for businesses!

Message 40 of 52
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.