tag
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

Re: should I app or not?

@Creditaddict wrote:

@jason0618 wrote:

I've had the NFCU card for 26 months.  

My car is financed with Ally at 10.9%

I would apply for a Navy Federal Go Rewards Unsecured!

Did you apply for auto financing with Navy?

I'm with Creditaddict's thinking on this one... 10,9% isn't so bad really with the current FICO scores but when these bump up a little bit more, I'd app for the Navy Auto Loan refinance.  I think you'd get a much better rate.  Also... they are offering $250 to refinance with them which is a great little bonus.  Having the Navy CC for 26 months, I would think that if your history has been good with NFCU, you'd likely be approved for a unsecured card soon also.  As a poster said, give it about 6 months, let the inqs age a little,then go for the Navy products. Smiley Happy

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 11 of 12
Kennie02
Frequent Contributor

Re: should I app or not?

@jason0618 wrote:

I've had the NFCU card for 26 months.  

My car is financed with Ally at 10.9%

I'm surprised they haven't graduated your card to unsecured after 2 years. Maybe while you're at it you can ask them to do that too

NFCU cash $25k | BofA Custom Cash $25k | Amex BCP $18k| Costco Anywhere $14.5k | Apple Card $5.25k | Cap One QS $4.5k | Sephora Visa $4k | Discover It $3.5k | Citi DC $3.5k | Citi AA Mile Up $3.1k | Chase Amazon $3k | Amex ED $3k | Chase IHG $3k | Chase Freedom Unlimited $2.5k | Chase Freedom $2.5k | Citi Rewards $2k | Last HP 8/16/22
Starting score 09/2013: 530 Current FICO 8:
Credit Age:
New Accounts:
Inq (6/12/24M):
Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.