Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I apply Wells Fargo Visa?

tag
andre181
Established Contributor

Re: should I apply Wells Fargo Visa?

My mom was instantly approved for a WF Visa with $12k CL with BK7 from 2004 on her CR. WF is her primary bank since 1986 and she has 2 successfully paid off auto loans from them.

Discover IT $35K | FNBO Visa $30K | Cash+ Visa Sig $19.5K | Southwest Premier $16K | Priceline $15K | Citi Forward $14.3K | US Bank Plat $14K | Commerce Bank $13K | CSP $13K | CSR $10K | Sallie Mae World MC $10K | Lowe’s Consumer 10K | BoA Cash Rewards 1-2-3 Sig $7.5K | Fidelity Visa $7K | Citi Double Cash $6.5K | WF Cash Back Visa $5.4K | Capital One Cash Rewards $5K | AMEX BCE $3.9K | Freedom $2.5K | Younkers/Comenity $2.4K | Kohl’s 1.5K | Target $1.4K | EX FICO (from AMEX): 768, TU FICO (from Discover): 797, AAoA: 4.4 years
Message 11 of 16
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@andre181 wrote:

My mom was instantly approved for a WF Visa with $12k CL with BK7 from 2004 on her CR. WF is her primary bank since 1986 and she has 2 successfully paid off auto loans from them.

WF was generous to my parents also. Dad got approved with a 18K limit and mom with 9.5K. Go figure huh? they had been with them since 78 when it was First Interestate Bank in California.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 12 of 16
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

SnowBowl;

Don't burn a HP for an app with WF, you WILL get denied or at best a very low limit with a very high interest rate and on a card with almost no rewards.  There are too many better lenders to consider with better rewards.  Check "whogavemecredit . com" for info on WF.  Look at the possibility of an AMEX charge card on the same link, or even a revolver with them, they're still conservative but better than WF on approval and rewards (by far) but you'd have to wait a while for one of their revolvers I'm afraid.  You already have the one I would have recommended, Discover, so you're on the right path.

Thanks!! I love this site!! just saved me an INQ!!!!  alot of good info!! how about I let it age little bit ( 6 to 9 months ) on all accounts and then apply for Citi card? would that be better bet?  hopefully I will finally have world class mastercard or Visa Siggy by then... I am still in search of getting my 1st one since I did BK 5 years ago.. so getting little bit impateince is understatement.

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 13 of 16
Sangha1

I work for WF. They will not consider your app for at least 2 years after BK. (directly asked an underwriter), and best option after 2 years out of BK is a secured creditcard. WF will consider your average account balance over the last 12 months in a deposit account (checking/savings acct) at WF into decisions at times.

The person who said they were denied a unsecured cc while having a secure cc (4000 limit)and were told to close the sec cc first should have spoke with a banker for a conversion. As is with all sec cc's. Do not apply for an unsecure as a new application with any bank card, first ask if they will convert to unsecured so the credit history and AAoA continues.
Message 14 of 16
Sangha1

Btw, if you've ever done WF wrong, (included them in BK, previous chargeoff, etc.) you are blacklisted for 10 years for a CC. Not sure if that applies to their other credit products.
Message 15 of 16
kimmiller112
Frequent Contributor

@RyVision wrote:

SnowBowl;

Don't burn a HP for an app with WF, you WILL get denied or at best a very low limit with a very high interest rate and on a card with almost no rewards.  There are too many better lenders to consider with better rewards.  Check "whogavemecredit . com" for info on WF.  Look at the possibility of an AMEX charge card on the same link, or even a revolver with them, they're still conservative but better than WF on approval and rewards (by far) but you'd have to wait a while for one of their revolvers I'm afraid.  You already have the one I would have recommended, Discover, so you're on the right path.

I think you need to be 8 years post-bankruptcy for Amex, so you probably want to hold off on them for three more years.

Barclays USAir World MC $8300 - DCU $7500 - USAA World MC $7000 - PayPal Extras MC (GE) $5500 - Chase Saphire Preferred $5000 - Discover It $6000 - Barclays Sallie May $2700 - Chase Freedom $1000 - Capital One $8500 (business) - store cards ranging from $500-$9500
Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.