Established Member
mellowfe

should I ask for credit card increase?

I currently have a credit card with Navy Federal Credit Union with a 1000 dollar limit. i never use this card except for my monthly Phone charge (45 bucks). I'm thinking of asking for a limit increase since from what I understand that will improve my credit score. But i've also read that having more than one card will improve it too.

Which one should i do? ask for a increase or open up another card? or both? if i got another credit card i would only have my cable bill put on it so that I have most of the credit available.
Senior Contributor
ilovepizza

Re: should I ask for credit card increase?

If you only have 1 CC apply for another. :smileyhappy: More would out weigh the one I think. 3 even better I think too. From there you can go for CLIs if you want.
If we never set higher goals we would never get as far.
sol, credit 101, acr, abbreviations, calc

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+