Established Contributor
MsKiwi

should I even try?

Citi Bank has sent me in the neighborhood of 7 invites ( in the last couple of months). My credit is not yet pristine, but I haven't app'd fpr anything in over a year. Should I bite the bullet? They offer a zero intro for 15 months. This would allow me to close 4,  poo-poo acounts. I know I have very low inquiries, but I don't want to waste them either.

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: should I even try?

do you have a recent EQ fico report? what's still bad and what's score and util?

the other day someone asked about being pre-approved then declined and no one reported using an offer code and being declined

Fico Scores: EQ 657 Cabelas, TU 662 Walmart, EX 699 Wells (07-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Express $300
Over 40 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Established Contributor
MsKiwi

Creditaddict wrote:

do you have a recent EQ fico report? what's still bad and what's score and util?

the other day someone asked about being pre-approved then declined and no one reported using an offer code and being declined

My
EQ looks good. I still have baddies, but they will fall off next summer. That's why I'm thinking of holding off.

Established Contributor
KIPPIE12

some people get approved with Citi even with paid judgements. Some get denied for chargeoffs.  I don't know if they look at how old they are or not,  But maybe they approve as long as the judgements are paid, and the chargeoffs are not.  But i feel a judgement is as severe as a chargeoff.  Makes no sense to me at all.

Are defaulted credit chargeoffs looked at the same as medical ones?  I have 2 tiny collections from like over 6 years ago, and i won't apply with Citi despite the stacks of preapprovals and with descent scores as well.  My inquiries come off in 2 months, all of them, and i'm gonna pull the trigger then.

Current Score: EQ: 781 TU: 798 EX: 802 (Fico) 8/13
Goal Scores: 760 Across all 3-Finally

Citi TY Premier 36k| Discover 15.6k|BOA WMC 30.5k|Barclays Juniper Rewards 15k|Barclays Amex 20k| CapOne 15K|Chase Freedom VS 19.3k|Citi Dividend WMC 25k|FNBO 15.5k|CSP 22.1K|Chase Marriott 31.3k|Citi TYP 20K|Citi DP 16.5k|Sams Discover 10k|Chase IHG Select Visa 26k|Macys 5k|Sams MasterCard 10k

Senior Contributor
score_building

Approvals come from citi with more recent

baddies than yours, but not much info here to venture a guess.

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)
Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

also, don't count on them pulling EQ.  they have pulled EX for us.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 766. MyFICO TU: ---. DCU EQ: 741. PSECU EX: 756.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+