Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should I open a chase account?

tag
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

Re: should I open a chase account?

@afbar1114 wrote:

CU credit cards are good for starting but for chase checking and freedom combo its one of the best..

I was refering to Checking.  CU Checking.

Does not Chase have a $1,500 daily avg requirement to avoid fees?  CU have less fees...actually my CU has no fees and no daily avg requirements.  As far as Checking goes, i think CUs are the best. 

Message 11 of 27
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

speaking of checking i should maybe go get some cash out incase my power goes out from sandy.....they are saying we may lose power for 7-10 days

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 12 of 27
distantarray
Established Contributor

CU are good but rarely offer competitive reward programs

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 13 of 27
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

CU are good but rarely offer competitive reward programs

Thats why i prefer to do checking (and loans) with CU, but for awesome rewards CCs go with big banks like Chase or Citi, or etc.

Message 14 of 27
laz98
Senior Contributor

What is it that you would like your checking account to do for you, that you don't think Chase does?  I'm just curious what kind of perks other types of checking accounts get.  I've had my checking account at Chase for something like 8 years.

Message 15 of 27
distantarray
Established Contributor

yep but when CC bonus rewards are tied into a checking + card it's hard to refuse. $1,500 minimum balance is little price to pay considering there are people who do 100+ transactions a month. So that = $120 a year which can help pay your annual fee for your sapphire =D

Message 16 of 27
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@laz98 wrote:

What is it that you would like your checking account to do for you, that you don't think Chase does?  I'm just curious what kind of perks other types of checking accounts get.  I've had my checking account at Chase for something like 8 years.

Free.  No Fees.  Free.  No Fees.  Free.  No Fees.

Oh did I mention, Free and no Fees.

Lol Smiley Happy

Message 17 of 27
laz98
Senior Contributor

I don't pay any fees for my account unless I overdraft, which is like once a year.

Message 18 of 27
ccnewcc
Established Contributor

@distantarray wrote:

yep but when CC bonus rewards are tied into a checking + card it's hard to refuse. $1,500 minimum balance is little price to pay considering there are people who do 100+ transactions a month. So that = $120 a year which can help pay your annual fee for your sapphire =D

I'm guessing your budget is bigger than mine, but I might need that $1,500 lol.

Message 19 of 27
distantarray
Established Contributor

lol I have 6 bank accounts and well comfortable putting over $1,500 in each accounts and letting them rot lol I have a problem though I'm firing Bank of America and local credit union probably on Monday.

Message 20 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.