Established Contributor
ccnewcc

Re: should I open a chase account?

afbar1114 wrote:

CU credit cards are good for starting but for chase checking and freedom combo its one of the best..

I was refering to Checking.  CU Checking.

Does not Chase have a $1,500 daily avg requirement to avoid fees?  CU have less fees...actually my CU has no fees and no daily avg requirements.  As far as Checking goes, i think CUs are the best. 

Valued Contributor
afbar1114

speaking of checking i should maybe go get some cash out incase my power goes out from sandy.....they are saying we may lose power for 7-10 days

In my wallet: AMEX Gold; Freedom $1.5k; CSP $5k; Chase United $5k; Discover $2k
Last HP: 4/30
Established Contributor
distantarray

CU are good but rarely offer competitive reward programs

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Established Contributor
ccnewcc

distantarray wrote:

CU are good but rarely offer competitive reward programs

Thats why i prefer to do checking (and loans) with CU, but for awesome rewards CCs go with big banks like Chase or Citi, or etc.

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

What is it that you would like your checking account to do for you, that you don't think Chase does?  I'm just curious what kind of perks other types of checking accounts get.  I've had my checking account at Chase for something like 8 years.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Established Contributor
distantarray

yep but when CC bonus rewards are tied into a checking + card it's hard to refuse. $1,500 minimum balance is little price to pay considering there are people who do 100+ transactions a month. So that = $120 a year which can help pay your annual fee for your sapphire =D

Established Contributor
ccnewcc

laz98 wrote:

What is it that you would like your checking account to do for you, that you don't think Chase does?  I'm just curious what kind of perks other types of checking accounts get.  I've had my checking account at Chase for something like 8 years.

Free.  No Fees.  Free.  No Fees.  Free.  No Fees.

Oh did I mention, Free and no Fees.

Lol :smileyhappy:

Community Leader
Senior Contributor
laz98

I don't pay any fees for my account unless I overdraft, which is like once a year.

Latest scores: Walmart TU: 769. MyFICO TU: 769. DCU EQ: 755. MyFICO EQ: 780. PSECU EX: 756. MyFICO EX: 780.
Established Contributor
ccnewcc

distantarray wrote:

yep but when CC bonus rewards are tied into a checking + card it's hard to refuse. $1,500 minimum balance is little price to pay considering there are people who do 100+ transactions a month. So that = $120 a year which can help pay your annual fee for your sapphire =D

I'm guessing your budget is bigger than mine, but I might need that $1,500 lol.

Established Contributor
distantarray

lol I have 6 bank accounts and well comfortable putting over $1,500 in each accounts and letting them rot lol I have a problem though I'm firing Bank of America and local credit union probably on Monday.

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}