Reply
Valued Contributor
rootpooty
Posts: 1,772
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

should I recon Chase?

Thursday morning I got instantly approved for 1,500 limit.  It seems as there are alot of threads talking about successes with people reconing higher limits.  I plan on using this card for my everyday purchases and groceries and gas.  With that alone I will peg the limit.

 

I have a NFCU card that has a 5K limit that has been reporting for 7 mos now.  2% util reported on app. 1 year account history.  At the time of app other than the NFCU card I had 3 other accounts but with low limits 200,300,500.

 

One unpaid collection from 2006 for 196.00

 

Do I stand a chance for a recon on a higher initial limit?  Also Ive never done a recon before lol and after I got approved for Freedom I went on a rampage and applied for Amazon and Walmart and BOFA to unsecure my card and all 4 of those accounts pulled TU.

 

So on recon would they just look at the report they pulled from last thursday?  

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Valued Contributor
trumpet-205
Posts: 2,494
Registered: ‎11-11-2010
0

Re: should I recon Chase?

If you are reconing for higher CL it is likely they will HP you again.

 

Chase recon is hit or miss. By that I mean you can run into analyst who does thing by the script, but you can also run into those who are more friendly to consumer.

In My Wallet:
Citi Forward (12/2010) | Citi Dividend (05/2011) | Chase Freedom (11/2011) | GECRB/PayPal (05/2012)
Discover it (07/2012) | AMEX BCP (09/2012) | TD/Target REDCard (10/2012) | Chase Ink Classic (11/2012)
BofA BBR (04/2013) | FNBO/Overstock.com (02/2014) | Barclaycard Arrival (04/2014) | FIA/Fidelity AMEX (04/2014)
Valued Contributor
rootpooty
Posts: 1,772
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: should I recon Chase?

If they wanted to HP me again I wouldnt go through with it.  They would see the new inquiries and I wouldnt stand a chance.  

 

Which Dept to call on monday Executive Office or recon line?

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Valued Contributor
nicholasyud
Posts: 1,734
Registered: ‎08-13-2012
0

Re: should I recon Chase?

i wonder why dont you paid your unpaid collection and get them PFD ????? they really hold your score down for higher limit man


Starting Score: 560
Current Score: 748 Wishlist: CSP, Simply Cash, SPG, BOLD, INK, United MP,
Goal Score: 800


Walmart: 10k |Usaa: 8k|BCE: 9k| Amex: NSPL|Dis: 3.4k|Cap: 3.5k|CAP: 2k|CSP: 5k| Pen:4.5k

Frequent Contributor
wallyworld123
Posts: 455
Registered: ‎01-04-2012
0

Re: should I recon Chase?


rootpooty wrote:

If they wanted to HP me again I wouldnt go through with it.  They would see the new inquiries and I wouldnt stand a chance.  

 

Which Dept to call on monday Executive Office or recon line?


Yes more than likely they will do a HP but, u never know IMO recon line first.

Valued Contributor
rootpooty
Posts: 1,772
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: should I recon Chase?


nicholasyud wrote:

i wonder why dont you paid your unpaid collection and get them PFD ????? they really hold your score down for higher limit man


They wont accept it. it falls off in 5 mos im not messing with it

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Established Contributor
distantarray
Posts: 2,112
Registered: ‎09-25-2011
0

Re: should I recon Chase?


rootpooty wrote:

nicholasyud wrote:

i wonder why dont you paid your unpaid collection and get them PFD ????? they really hold your score down for higher limit man


They wont accept it. it falls off in 5 mos im not messing with it


dispute this with the CRA's stating it's obsolete in a month or two, CRA's are known to remove things a few months early since they have the file already open =P if your in NY pay 15% of what you owe on a settlement and remove it now if you want higher limits.


total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Valued Contributor
rootpooty
Posts: 1,772
Registered: ‎10-28-2011
0

Re: should I recon Chase?

I dont think I should dispute accurate information

NFCU plat 5k | NAVCHECK 5k | NFCU cashrewards 15k | BOFA 123 6k |
Chase Freedom 1.5k | Amazon 3K | Walmart 3K | Buckle 300 | AMEX BCE 2.5K | CHASE CSP 12K | CITI sears 6k | Kay 2k

On the prowl for Chase Sapphire Preferred! APPROVED 12K!
scores 7/14 647 622 630 (85%util)
scores 8/14 767 760 758 Boom! finally in the 700 club
Valued Contributor
armbenderc
Posts: 1,339
Registered: ‎09-11-2012
0

Re: should I recon Chase?


rootpooty wrote:

Thursday morning I got instantly approved for 1,500 limit.  It seems as there are alot of threads talking about successes with people reconing higher limits.  I plan on using this card for my everyday purchases and groceries and gas.  With that alone I will peg the limit.

 

I have a NFCU card that has a 5K limit that has been reporting for 7 mos now.  2% util reported on app. 1 year account history.  At the time of app other than the NFCU card I had 3 other accounts but with low limits 200,300,500.

 

One unpaid collection from 2006 for 196.00

 

Do I stand a chance for a recon on a higher initial limit?  Also Ive never done a recon before lol and after I got approved for Freedom I went on a rampage and applied for Amazon and Walmart and BOFA to unsecure my card and all 4 of those accounts pulled TU.

 

So on recon would they just look at the report they pulled from last thursday?  


I recon with chase before and they used the same HP when I applied for the card.

 

I got 2k CL (recon to approval 50%+ util) and when I got the card, I recon to a 3.7k CL.

 

They asked me about stuff on report, inq, util, etc.

 

inq, i told them I was trading a car and got another car.

util, i told them that I wanted to take full advantage of chase freedom BT, this one got me hooked. They stop asking question after this punch line.

 

again ymmv

 

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Valued Contributor
SnackTrader
Posts: 1,566
Registered: ‎09-15-2012
0

Re: should I recon Chase?


rootpooty wrote:

I dont think I should dispute accurate information


Agreed.  What's another 5 months after all of this time.

 

Good luck with whatever you choose, but I am usually so happy that a creditor gave me a shot at all that I don't question their deicisions for 6 months.  Perhaps a HP would be well worth it for a CLI once that collection drops...


In My Wallet: Amex BCP (12/12) $22.200, Cap1 Quicksilver (6/12) $14,000, Chase CSP (4/14) $12,000, Barclaycard Rewards (5/13) $10,500, Citi Forward (12/12) $9,600, Chase Freedom (12/12) $5,000

Last App: April 2, 2014

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}