Valued Member
SnowWalker

should I start doing "credit gardening" or ?

try to look for 1 or 2 more fresh accounts to be added to then time to do some credit gardening?

right now I have JCP $400 CL   Orchard Bank $500 CL  FP $300 CL

I could try to get $1,000 Secured Card thru either BOA or Citibank then one of those department store card ( I don't know which one yet )    thoughts ?

btw I only have EX FICO score at the moment which is 662
Looking to get back into 700s club by scratch that about 2012 maybe even 2010 :smileyhappy: faster than I had thought. aiming for $10,000 Credit Card by 2010 as well ! as of 9/15/08 EX 662 EQ 681 TU 662
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Re: should I start doing "credit gardening" or ?

How old is your youngest account?

You should get a boost when the youngest one turns 6 months, and again when it turns 12 months.

It's definitely tough getting in with a decent card after BK. They really (and understandably) want to see a track record first.

I'm thinking that the longer that you can function with what you have, showing stability and self-discipline, the better for your future chances.

But I don't have a lot of experience in this area, so I will defer to others. (And I assume that you're familiar with the BK-Friendly thread stickied up above.) GL
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Valued Member
SnowWalker

hauling, thank you for replying.   2 months is the most recent new accounts but I am trying to get a gas card from 2001 to wake up and start using it before that account gets "purged" due to not using it at all. BK on my CRA shows 5/30/08 date.  so if I could bring that account from 2001 back to "active pattern"  I think that would have helped alot even tho that gas card CL is only $300.
Looking to get back into 700s club by scratch that about 2012 maybe even 2010 :smileyhappy: faster than I had thought. aiming for $10,000 Credit Card by 2010 as well ! as of 9/15/08 EX 662 EQ 681 TU 662
Valued Contributor
TheNewWorldMan

Don't even use the gas card for gas...buy the gas with an ATM card, then go inside and buy a Slurpee or a six-pack of soda with the card. A tank of gas in these degenerate days could take you over 10% on the card.
- - - -
in a credit-scoring postnuclear Stone Age...
Frequent Contributor
treski

TheNewWorldMan wrote:
A tank of gas in these degenerate days could take you over 10% on the card.

No kidding!
NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa $25k, USAA MC $3.5k, USAA Amex $3.5k
Established Contributor
Pappy214

Really, gas is that expensive? I hadn't noticed. :smileywink:

"Evacuate, in our moment of triumph? I think you overestimate their chances."

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+