Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

should/can I recon a declined CLI?

tag
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

should/can I recon a declined CLI?

Ive had my card 9 months, no lates, and no new derogs. Ive actually had several removed/revised.

I dont carry a balance on other cards, but they are reporting my statement balance. thats the only reason I can think of a decline.

Have any of you ever reconned a CLI denial? what should I focus on in that conversation?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: should/can I recon a declined CLI?

Have you received any letters about the reason for denial?
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 5
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

No, they said it would take 7-10 business days, but thats the only reason I can think of. There is no backdoor number for them, so I didnt know if I should just call the number on the card, or what to say?

In my wallet: Discover it 6800 CL, Capital One Quicksilver Sig 5k CL, Chase Freedom 4k CL, GCU Patinum Visa 1500 CL
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chase declined the amount I asked for on my CLI,. I reconned it and got the full amt I asked for. I was at 1k and asked for a 4k CLI, they only gave me $300. I called and reconned it. I focused on the fact the card was useless in the reward categories they were offerring and was my lowest limit. It made it difficult to use if I was almost always maxing it out. I had to answer a few questions and she came back and approved the full CLI I requested.

Sometimes the computer models will get hung up on certain information that can be easily overlooked. In my case, it was my student loans that the computers could not get past.

Message 4 of 5
jcstarkey8826
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Chase declined the amount I asked for on my CLI,. I reconned it and got the full amt I asked for. I was at 1k and asked for a 4k CLI, they only gave me $300. I called and reconned it. I focused on the fact the card was useless in the reward categories they were offerring and was my lowest limit. It made it difficult to use if I was almost always maxing it out. I had to answer a few questions and she came back and approved the full CLI I requested.

Sometimes the computer models will get hung up on certain information that can be easily overlooked. In my case, it was my student loans that the computers could not get past.

If only charter one/citizens had a backdoor number. the CSR wont get me to anyone for a recon. Maybe I'll have to wait for the letter, but I figured the sooner the better. I did everything they told me to do with the card for an increase and got declined.

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.